Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great title
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The 16 inch pizza deal (like you got from the boardwalk) is available at resorts with foodcourts - we've had it at all star movies and POFQ - it's our arrival night tradition.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Thanks Bev, very useful

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant, thank you. We've done QSDP before and are having it next year too. Sooo much easier and I love going to DTD in the evening for an Earl or WPE!
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great post Bev .. and helpful for me (offsite no plan) but like lunch when at WDW ..

Love Yak and Yeti but hate the seating area ..was in direct sun and wasps everywhere first time I went .. I now get my food at Y&Y and go eat it in the shade of Flame Tree Barbecue outdoor seating (my mam and dad have bought from FTB so not totally naughty LOL)

I think I could cope with what you did ..split as at least you have 'offsite' sit down meals ..its nice to be served an evening meal imo only downside to counter service ..not the food choice as there is a variety of offerings but the throwaway plates and cutlery canteen experience ..

that pizza looked gorgeous! and I have never eaten at earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang puck I am going to this time though ..I am determined ..If I can get past Giradelli's which I also haven't tried

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Great pictures, we love breakfast buffets so are tempted by the breakfast at CSR, can you return to the stations or is it just one visit?

Thanks.
Old 23 Aug 12, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Great post Bev!
Next year we're doing 10 nights at POFQ with the QSDP and the food court was one of the main reasons for picking it! I had the Design your own pasta last year and it was fabulous!
The Pepper Market is also another favourite of ours!
This will be the first time we've had the QSDP so you've given me plenty of ideas!

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 12, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There really is some great food available quick service.
It is definitely far more than just burgers!

I'm happy to have it for lunches or an occasional dinner but the disposable plates and cutlery puts me off having it all the time.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 12, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

This is a v. helpful thread, thanks so much Bev

POR pasta station gets mentioned a lot, so it's really good to see a picture.

And these are new ideas to me...

Breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express (I had some really nice soup here for lunch)
Pepper Market for lunch (and better Mex than EPCOT)
Mara for lunch
Yak & Yeti (but not if the sun is too strong!)
Katsuri House for lunch

Brilliant!

...It's great to know which places are worth going to 'specially and to know that the QSDP can be a really good option (since it allows for much more flexibility and spontaneity).

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 12, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Interesting that a few people have commented on the paper plates. It wasn't something that bothered me, but you get real plates at Wolfgang Puck and at the Pepper Market. You are supposed to tip in both these places as well, I guess to pay for the washing up

Generally, we were pretty happy with the counter service locations - I can't think of a time when I felt like it was too noisy or canteen-like. Obviously, it doesn't have the quiet atmosphere of say Chefs de France, but if you do character buffets like Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's, then these are loud and noisy anyway.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List