Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Nov 12, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Artist's Pallette looks yummy!
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fairfax Fare - Hollywood Studios

After a few of the big rides at HS we stopped for breakfast at Fairfax Fare, egg and cheese english muffins with sausage for Scott and with bacon for me, with an apple juice each.

These had lots of filling in and we felt they were a good sized portion for breakfast.

We came back here for lunch later during the day as we wanted to try one of the hotdogs I had seen on the menu

Our choice, to share as we weren't too hungry and wanted to save room for tonight's dinner! Was a Macaroni and cheese and truffle oil Gourmet hot dog with chips and a chocolate cake

This was amazing! We loved it, and was enough for the two of us, Scott's advise on this one is to not try and eat it whilst standing or walking as it was messy hehe. It had crispy bacon pieces on top too, delicious!

And our cake even had a hidden Mickey on!

A very successful lunch here, we will be returning!

Beaches and Cream to go!

We arrived at the Beach Club too early for our dinner ADR so we stopped off at Beaches and Cream to go and Scott enjoyed a coke float!

Just what he needed after walking in the heat from HS! We love the theming inside Beaches and Cream, but as we were returning later on the trip we sat outside in the sun and enjoyed watching everyone have fun in the fantastic looking pool!

Cape May Cafe - Beach Club

Tonight's dinner was the all you can eat American clambake at the Cape May Cafe, after reading a review of this on the Disney Food Blog I tweaked our plans to fit this in ... and I am glad I did!

I started off with New Englad Clam Chowder complete with crispy cheese topping, lovely and creamy but you only need a small bowl to save room for the rest! And a caesar salad. There was a great salad bar here with lots of dressings and toppings to choose from.

Scott went straight up to the buffet as he doesn't like salad...

His favourites here were the crispy fish nuggets from the Kid's buffet and the beef which was carved to order. It was also nice to have a few veggies to choose from and overall Scott thought this buffet provided a good selection.

I had a nice selection of the fish on offer

I loved the calamari ... and went back for more! And the crabs legs dipped in the garlic butter was so tasty, yummy! They gave us a little silver bucket for the claws and shells.

Scott was too full for pudding after going back up for more mash and beef I think, but I had to sample them ... there is always room in my belly for a sweet treat ... or 3!

And finally as our server brought over our bill, she presented us with this ... cute!

After my plate of puddings Scott helped with this!

We really enjoyed our dinner here, and even Scott thought the choice was excellent despite not being a fish lover. And we loved the drawing on the tablecloths too!

It was also nice to leave the park for dinner, I am not a fan of the dinner options in HS, so this was perfect. And we enjoyed the walk back along the river from the Beach Club to HS, walking off some of that food!
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by i198g View Post
Artist's Pallette looks yummy!
It was yummy, and came in handy when the late night munchies kicked in
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Lovely food choices Em, Max kept making me look at the yummy food, he liked the bacon cob...lol

More pease xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Your ravioli at Food & wine was cooked well, ours was anaemic and therefore tasted bad.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

mmmmm I wonder where I can fit a cape may clam bake into my November trip plan...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Lovely food choices Em, Max kept making me look at the yummy food, he liked the bacon cob...lol

More pease xx
More on the way Thank you for reading xxx

Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
Your ravioli at Food & wine was cooked well, ours was anaemic and therefore tasted bad.
Oh dear, we were lucky at food and wine, loved most things!

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
mmmmm I wonder where I can fit a cape may clam bake into my November trip plan...
A new must do for me!

Old 28 Nov 12, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom

Today's breakfast was a nice early ADR at Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom.

We ate here last year, and booked it again mainly for the photos on an almost empty Main Street, but we also enjoyed the food

Our table was decorated with celebratory streamers as I had out upcoming wedding noted on our ADR, thought this was a lovely touch! We ordered tea and orange juice each, then made our way to the buffet after a visit from Eeyore who was almost at our table.

Scott's plate looked like this:

And mine was similar:

We both really enjoyed the potato casserole here, nice and cheesy. I made a bacon and cheese bagel too Scott loved the breakfast pizza again.

Piglet, Tigger and Pooh also stopped by to say hello.

(A nice lady on the table next to us took each photo for us so we coudl be together with the characters!)

And then it was time for pudding hehe. Only in America can you have pudding at breakfast...

I loved the breakfast lasagne and the French toast (Which i think was on the kid's buffet!)

Scott had his first Mickey waffle of the holiday

Overall we really enjoyed our breakfast here, our server was fab making sure we could wait for Eeyore to come back to our table as we forgot to ask for his autograph the first visit! And our drinks were kept topped up throughout. A great start to our morning in MK!

Edited at 01:52 PM.
Old 28 Nov 12, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

That mac n cheese hotdog looks soooooo yum! I cant wait til i back! Great start! Cant wait to read more! Xxx

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
The hotdog is on my list of must tries :-)