Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Aug 14, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

The next day was earl of sandwich for lunch.

I of course had the amazing holiday sandwich again. Robert was in a mood because the queue was so long AND because the cannonballs sandwich wasn't on the menu anymore so I dont know what he had or have a picture of it.

Holiday sandwich again. Delicious again.

That evening we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The wait was 1 hour but we had a few things we wanted to get in the mall so that was fine and we wandered off for half an hour or so. Our table was only about 10 minutes wait after we arrived back at the restaurant. This was around 8pm on a Saturday night so not too bad I thought.

Sorry the pics are so dreadful here, it was so dark inside. I've tried to lighten the pictures a bit using a photo edit app but still not great.

We shared macaroni balls so start with. These were SO YUMMY!
Middle of one macaroni ball on my plate (I think there were 4 all in)

Robert went for the teriyaki chicken. He said this was really good but the amount of rice was unnecessary. Who can seriously eat that amount of rice?!

Sorry it's so dark but you can clearly see the mountain of rice -

I just had to check the online menu to see what this meal was called but I had chicken bellagio. This was SO GOOD! It was (from the menu) "Crispy Coated Chicken Breast over Basil Pasta and Parmesan Cream Sauce Topped with Prosciutto and Arugula Salad"

Again, super dark photo but you can again see the portion was huge!

Obviously I wanted cheesecake but I had to get it to go because no way would I manage it tonight.

So this was breakfast the following morning - it was white choc and raspberry. And it was SO GOOD. I seem to say that a lot haha

Lunch that day ended up being drive through at mcdonalds and Taco Bell. It was supposed to be quick service at typhoon lagoon but just as we reached lunch time a storm hit so everyone was taking shelter and stopping for lunch so we headed out.

I went to Taco Bell first and got 3 tacos supreme and a cheesy fiesta potatoes. With a large drink. I think this was about $6.

This looks gross but tastes so good!

And the tacos were yummy as always. There was plenty meat hiding under there-

No pics of mcdonalds, it was a double quarter pounder with cheese I think. I think this was about $8 for the meal.

That evening was hollywood studios and I was dying to try the mac n cheese hot dog. It was pretty good. It came with chips aka crisps, which Robert was so disappointed about. He thought he was getting a hot dog and chips. He had the chilli dog but again no pic sorry.

This was kinda messy to eat but tasty enough.

Back to hard rock hotel again the next morning. I woke up with a craving for pizza and knew I could get pizza at the monster cafe in universal so that's where we headed.

I had a giant slice of pizza.

And a giant slice of chocolate cake

Both were delicious!

Robert got a burger. I'm sure I worked this out to be something like 3/4 lb worth of burger. No 1/4 pounders here! It was huge and Robert said it was really good and said it was the best theme park burger he'd had. (Not quite living up to 5 guys).

Later afternoon we headed back to the hotel and by this time it was peeing down so our only option (of course) was to hit happy hour at the Velvet Lounge.

Robert was on pints again and I think I started with a marg, but then decided to try out a mango bay breeze which was mango Bacardi, pineapple and cranberry. Ohhhh wow, why had I not tried one of these sooner. I think I had about 5 of these in the end haha! So yummy.

Later we headed out (in the rain so s'cuse my hair) to margaritaville where I ordered the margarita flight. This was so cute and novelty and the drinks were lovely too. I can't really remember what each individual one was called but they were all really nice.

Food wise, Robert ordered a burger (shocker).

And I had quesadillas. I think this might actually be considered a starter but there was loads of food! I had a side ceasar salad with it too. I'm not normally a massive fan of salsa but it had loads of coriander in it which I LOVE so I ended up asking for more.

After dinner it was back to hotel and we had a couple more drinks in the bar before bed.

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The Marg flight looks amazing. As do the quesadillas. Yum.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

More great updates Seriously hungry after looking at all of this...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Brilliant Foodie report. Cannot wait to get there and get some of those yummy treats down my neck :-)
xx
Old 23 Aug 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Loved looking at all your food pics , they looked yummy , thanks for sharing x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymad42013
Excited about Disney

Brilliant report. Love the food pics but loving the cocktails pics even more especially the margarita flight. Looking forward to reading somemore.

Can I ask- or may have missed it - did you stay at different hotels for your honeymoon?
Disney Caribbean Beach Honeymoon Sept 2003, Disney Caribbean Beach March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2006, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2009, DLP Sequoia March 2013,DLP Sequoia Lodge New Year 2015-2016,WDW POR Aug 2016, DLP Disneyland Hotel Castle Club New Year 2016/17, Sequoia New Year 2017/2018, Cheyenne Aug 2019, Sequoia New Year 2019/20
disneymad42013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Fab report and pictures, thanks for sharing,
Jen xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

It all looks amazing! I want that margarita flight, negotiating eating there in October now

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 14, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Fab updates - loving more cocktail pics

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 14, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Loving the report so far Hun xx
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List