Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Nov 14, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I wouldn't turn my nose up at anything you've had but that rib eye steak looks amazing... love Longhorns
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 14, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I wouldn't turn my nose up at anything you've had but that rib eye steak looks amazing... love Longhorns
Ahaha thanks, and who doesn't love Longhorns?

(well, maybe a vegetarian )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 14, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

That ribeye and your mash looks fantastic
Old 9 Nov 14, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

DAY 6

We were off to Universal today, and unlike everyone else heading for Diagon Alley, we were heading for... breakfast (...I know, I know )

Beverly Hills Boulangerie, Universal

Dad went for the Breakfast croissant. Came with a piece of melon.

Mum went for her usual Blueberry muffin.

And I got a chocolate chip cookie (head sized, of course )

Mum also got an Iced coffee.

Universal was pretty quiet (everyone was in Harry Potter) so we managed to do a couple of rides before heading over to Diagon Alley.

Butterbeer stand, Diagon Alley

Me and mum got a butterbeer to share (frozen, of course) to share as we'd yet to try one.

And to be honest, I don't really see what the big deal is about... We got the frozen one as that seemed to be the better option according to people on here, but it was a bit of a letdown. Didn't really taste of much tbh, prefered the Lefou's Brew at Magic Kingdom.

Mel's Drive In, Universal

After we wandered round Diagon Alley (which is amazing, by the way) we did a few more rides (Men In Black, The Simpsons, ET) before grabbing lunch at Mel's Dine In.

I went for the Chicken burger.

Mum had the Cheeseburger.

And dad went for the Grilled Chicken salad which came with a packet of sauce (it wasn't just plain )

Mum and dad ended up sharing theirs, my chicken burger was good. Not sure about the cheeseburger and the salad but there were no complaints.

Worth noting, even if it's a UK card, you get 10% off if you have an American Express card at Universal.

We only realised this as the American bloke in front in the queue had one, and we got 10% off the meal. It made sense to use as even though they charge to use it abroad, its less than what the discount was if that makes sense.

Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream, Diagon Alley

It's this new ice cream place in Diagon Alley that has these strange flavours... here's a bit of the menu I managed to take.

Dad went for two flavours, Apple Crumble as one, and Salted Caramel for the other in a cone. Both got thumbs up.

And mum went for Strawberry and Peanut butter (one flavour). This got a definite thumbs down from her.

Starbucks, Downtown Disney

After Universal we went for an hour's shopping at Downtown Disney. Got another Sweet Shaken Iced tea from the Starbucks next to World of Disney.

... and I managed to break a mirror in the new Marketplace Co-op shop. Whooops. Literally picked it up off the shelf and the glass slid out. The staff were great about it, thank god it was only a small mirror. Needless to say we made a quick exit outta there

Outback Steakhouse

It was busy so we were given a pager, we ended up waiting just shy of half an hour.

Once in, we ordered and were given some bread.

We weren't overly hungry so no Bloomin' Onion again (sorry!) and went straight for the mains.

Dad went for the Ribs and Chicken combo, with a baked potato.

Mum went for the Alice Springs chicken with a baked potato.

And I went for the Chicken Caesar salad.

Now this salad was good. Really good. Yes, I know I'm raving about a salad but the chicken was not bland at all and was really tender and had lots of flavour and the dressing was really good too.

Ok, I'll shut up about the salad now.

I also feel the need to share this picture. I still don't really get America's re-filling policy when it comes to drinks, I mean I'd was barely over half way through the first one...

We did go for dessert this evening, and shared the trio. This was a NY style cheesecake, Carrot cake and (my favourite) the Chocolate Thunder From Down Under (cheesy name, but really nice pud )

And, cos everyone loves a close up

Haven't got one of the carrot cake unfortunately. A nice meal, not as great at Longhorns but by no means a bad meal.

...tomorrow, Seaworld and Longhorns (part 2)
Old 9 Nov 14, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anniee View Post
That ribeye and your mash looks fantastic
Thanks for reading
Old 10 Nov 14, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Great report, looking forward to more
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 14, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Another nice food day! We always go to outback - never have the dessert though as we're not liking the choices.. I don't line nuts either.. We went to the one at the outlets this time, in the day was nice & quiet..
Old 10 Nov 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Great report, looking forward to more
Cheers, thanks for reading, will try and get some more up later this week
Old 10 Nov 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Another nice food day! We always go to outback - never have the dessert though as we're not liking the choices.. I don't line nuts either.. We went to the one at the outlets this time, in the day was nice & quiet..
Thank you, this was the one at the Outlets too, but it was around 8pm. Makes all the difference
Old 14 Nov 14, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry that there's been no updates all week I've been really busy, I'll try and get the next day up tonight.