Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Can't believe you have started already! The food looks amazing we had many an experience of bein so full you couldn't move. It's amazing how you never actually learn and do it again the next night haha xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

OMG the chicken and waffles portion! ... and then your little happy meal next to it lol. Rebellion so early on with your ADR's!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great updates.

love the look of 4rivers
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great start with some yummy looking food so far.

Love how you changed so many plans on the first couple of days!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Millers Ale House , I Drive

Saturday 15 November

Millers Ale House

So after our light lunch, and being more stuffed than the Michelin Man, we decided that a lite bite from Millers would be sufficient. After all , the mammoth walk (. 5 mins) across the road would surely have burned off all the carbs from lunch.

It was busy, Saturday night after all and a local college football game was on tv so there was lot of loud sporting rivalry going on. Being teen-less had it's advantage of us being able to sit at the bar and thus get our meals more quickly ( cos we were starving , of course)

Andy had a beer and I had a fanta type drink

Andy chose the 35 shrimp with loaded fries. I think this had a ranch and marinara sauce

I went for the Fiesta Nachos, this was a mountain of food and a bit spicier than I expected, those sneaky jalapeños were everywhere. I ate for ages and hardly made a dent in it. I had to stop when the melted cheese went cold and took on the consistency of rubberised super glue. It was embarrassing when you tried to fork a mouthful and the nachos shot off the plate as the cheese was bonding great globs together. Prior to that point though, it was really tasty, loads of chili Beef and cheese with a big dollop of sour cream ( I had asked for no guacamole or salsa) . I love nachos and these were yummy good.

Sorry it looks anaemic, I didn't use the flash being at the bar, and the pics came out very " pink" due to the lighting, photobucket auto light fix has made them go a bit pale

The receipt is in glorious pinkocolour

So the bill came to just under $33

Being a bad person , I had signed Andy up for an birthday offer. A free slice of Cap'n Jacks cake. This was doubly bad as it wasn't his birthday and he wouldn't get the cake , it was all for me.
But I was full so decided to pop it in the fridge for breakfast

Eagle eyed Dibbers may have spotted the flaw in this plan. I hadn't tried the cake and did not realise it was made of ice cream !

So by morning, it was a gloppy mess. I still ate some though. It was lush !

Edited at 11:54 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Can't believe you have started already! The food looks amazing we had many an experience of bein so full you couldn't move. It's amazing how you never actually learn and do it again the next night haha xx
Hi Gemm! Am writing this to keep the hols a reality ! We were the same, so many nights we said we didn't need to eat the next day and the next morning it was like " where are we eating today "

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
OMG the chicken and waffles portion! ... and then your little happy meal next to it lol. Rebellion so early on with your ADR's!
It was mahoosive I know, we only kept a couple in the end. I don't think we missed out on anything major though.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great updates.

love the look of 4rivers
4 Rivers was fab. Andy loved it. Such great value and real homestyle food. Very rustic

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Great start with some yummy looking food so far.

Love how you changed so many plans on the first couple of days!
Hah, my poor plan We were cool though , it was nice to be flexible.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 14, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great pictures x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Great pictures x
Ah, thank you, Victoria & Alberts next , omg, it looked and tasted heavenly
Old 26 Nov 14, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

So hungry... so hungry...

Can't wait to hear about V&A's - one of the most memorable things I've ever done
Old 27 Nov 14, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG Amanda, aka Mrs A, how fast are you with this mountain of deliciousness? I can't see all the pictures, not sure why, but am salivating anyway...I too have been beaten by the nacho mountain at Millers before now, and yes, portions at HHAGG are ridiculous! Oh, am loving the tales of rebellious behaviour too

Edited at 01:01 AM.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List