Fantastic report. Love the report name too! x
Old 27 Oct 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robin Sparkles View Post
Awesome! Subscribed.
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Wooo, you've started! Can't wait to read the rest!
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Liking this so far yummy!
Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!
Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Fantastic report. Love the report name too! x
Thanks guys. More to come - next updates of Disney food!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 15, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

were going thomas cook economy to cuba next year so i was interested to see the meals on board,looking forward to the rest. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Subscribing! Loving it so far
Old 30 Oct 15, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fantastic so far, can't wait to read more 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 15, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Woohoo got to love a good food report!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Travel Day: Wolfgang Puck Express Marketplace DTD

First Dining Plan meal of the holiday!

(stolen the first 2 pics from last years report )

There wasn't a line when we arrived which was very unexpected so we didn't have a massive amount of time to ponder the menu. We vaguely knew what we wanted though for once.

I had vowed to try to pizza here so opted for the Chicken Meatball version.

This was gorgeous! The meatballs were so soft and flavourful - they were herby and had the slightest hint of fennel/aniseed which actually worked really well. Mushrooms and red onion, well I'm a huge fan of both of those so overall I loved it. Two pizzas in two days and they were both amazing!

Andy opted for something plain and simple to kick off with - chicken tenders.

You can't really go wrong with Disney chicken tenders. Real chicken breast with an almost spiced seasoned coating Although he didn't touch the salad it added a nice splash of colour to an otherwise beige plate.

Dessert for me was Crème Brûlée. I was pretty full so we both shared this.

It was delicious but if I had one complaint - it was served fridge cold this time (i'm pretty sure it was warm last year). If it were warm it would have been fabulous. Such a great dessert for a CS restaurant.

Andy took his pre-packaged dessert away with him. It was a chocolate chip cookie.

Which was a bit broken by the time it reached the room.

It might sound boring was was actually very nice. It was a soft, crumbly type cookie and had large chunks of chocolate. A great version of a classic.

Once again a brilliant (perhaps even the best) use of CS credits. I will mention as well the service was here based on this visit and others later on was some of the best we received during our trip. The servers were so helpful and couldn't do enough for you. Offering sauces, top ups on drinks, checking everything was just right. I get that this is probably because they are not guaranteed a tip but we appreciated it and tipped what we felt appropriate (everyone's a winner!).

Credits used here - 2 CS
Credits left - 16 CS,18 TS & 18 SC

Edited at 10:48 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
were going thomas cook economy to cuba next year so i was interested to see the meals on board,looking forward to the rest. mo x
The meals were pretty good actually! Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
Subscribing! Loving it so far
Glad you are liking it!

Originally Posted by rosychic View Post
Fantastic so far, can't wait to read more 😊
Aw thank you. I love typing up dining reports

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Woohoo got to love a good food report!
Indeed! They are my favorite

Old 1 Nov 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Epcot - Sunshine Seasons

It was Epcot EMH today and the plan was to get a Starbucks breakfast, however we were both hungry long before it opened at 9am official park opening. Instead we used some of our precious EMH to have breakfast *slapped wrists*. lol

We found ourselves in the land having ridden Soarin' first thing so Sunshine Seasons seemed the obvious choice.

This is pretty much what it looked like during EMH

As we wanted to get lunch from WS later on we decided to share a meal. The breakfast panini appealed to both of us so we went for that. It was given to us almost instantly as we were the only ones there. We grabbed a drink to go with it, paid, found condiments & picked a table. There was one other couple in the whole seating area.

Breakfast Panini with Eggs, Bacon, Roast Pork & Cheese served with Breakfast Potatoes.

The bread was really crispy on the top but still fluffy inside and the herbs were a good touch. The filling was great with the main flavour being roast pork which was thinly sliced and really tender. The eggs, cheese & bacon of course made it even better. I really enjoyed the side of potatoes - I believe they had a dusting of paprika or something similar and there were small bits of onion too giving an extra depth.

The whole thing for me was improved greatly by hot sauce but Andy stuck to ketchup. I would definitely get this again and perhaps not share in future as we were fighting for it a bit in the end

Our shared beverage was OJ which Andy snaffled 80% of. Not much to say about this - it was nice.

Our first visit to Sunshine Seasons and it was a very good one. Hope to be back for lunch one day (spicy fish tacos, yes please).

Credits used here - 1 CS
Credits left - 15 CS,18 TS & 18 SC

Old 1 Nov 15, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1: Epcot - Fife & Drum Tavern

Being our first day and having not yet acclimatised to the heat, walking around WS we were melting. I took the opportunity to cross off something that had been on my food bucket list for a while.

A quick stop in the American Pavillion

For a Frozen Red Stag Lemonade - Frozen Lemonade with Jim Bean Bourbon.

Neither of us are Whiskey/Bourbon drinkers but the Red Stag is black cherry flavour so I was all over it (I love anything cherry). Thankfully the bourbon wasn't overpowering at all - it just tasted like a sharp lemony slushie with a hint of cherries. It was both tasty & refreshing and you couldn't really tell there was booze in there.

A nice change to our usual Grand Marnier slushie.

Total paid in cash (incl. any applicable tax) - $9.50

Edited at 04:54 PM.