Old 18 Apr 16, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

**Mole loves Mash, Milkshakes and Mickey shaped things**COMPLETE

August 2015
Food report number 3

Previous food reports:
Not a credit more, not a credit less (August 2013)
16 days of DDP! (August 2012)

Better late than never folks and what better way to nurse the Disney blues than to reminisce about the food eh? There's DDP and a bit of off site too.

Here are some of the places we ate and I hope to upload the pictures soon...

Be Our Guest (lunch)
Chef Mickey (dinner)
Tokyo Dining (lunch)
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)
Planet Hollywood (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Yak & Yeti (dinner)
Crystal Palace (lunch)
Hoop De Doo
Roaring Forks (counter service lunch)
Ohana (dinner)
50's Prime Time
Boma (dinner)
Garden Grill (dinner)
Wolfgang Puck Express - lunch and breakfast
San Angel Inn -Lunch

Columbia Harbor House
Be Our guest - Breakfast

Round up of snacks and odds and ends

Hard Rock Hotel/ Panda Express/Mel's Diner
Cracker Barrel
Bob Evans
IHOP
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Gaston's tavern

We were up bright and early on our first morning and up for an early start at magic Kingdom, we even made rope drop! The unhelpful woman who checked us in at OKW had failed to mention the small matter of a pin number that was necessary to use/activate our DDP. we ended up having a free breakfast because of this... "on the house" the cast member said, as if this had happened many times before

Giant Cinnamon roll

Giant cinnamon roll in half

Pain Au Chocolate

Be Our Guest (lunch)

Dh wasn't in my good books as he'd come out to MK on our very first day with no battery life in his camera. Photos were scrambled on my phone and dd's little camera.

The big baguette pic is of the carved turkey sandwich. It doesn't look special but dd (13 then) raves about it. My croque Monsieur wasn't that great sadly, ds (10) had the same and wasn't impressed either. Dh had the beef sandwich, can't seem to find a picture of that but he really enjoyed it. Grey stuff was quite nice actually... not wonderful but nice.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Love a new food report!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Yum, cinnamon bun looks lovely.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Oh another food report. Looking forward to this.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Chef Mickey's (dinner)

We love Chef Mickey's, it was our very first character meal back in 2008 and we always try and get an ADR each year we visit. We prefer breakfast to dinner usually, but as it was our very first day 'we' decided (we=code for I) that an early dinner and an early night after our day at MK was the way forward.

DD was very pleased to find sushi!

I made a rookie mistake and loaded all sorts of stuff onto my plate. I was going to go for a salad.. ish plate, but then I got over excited when I clapped eyes on the mash. Thus the consequence was some caesar salad with mash and gravy on the top. I love mash and everything, just not on salad.

DD and I always go for the Pomegranate lemonade!

They have a lovely selection of desserts.

Our anniversary cupcake brought to us by our server who happened to be the very first server we had here. He pretended to remember us which I thought was very kind.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Old 19 Apr 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Sunshine Seasons

Following tradition we started day 2 with a quick service at Sunshine Seasons. We'd just done the 'Soarin' dash stampede and so were in need of a refreshment or two before our Test Track fastpass. It is lovely to sit in here and listen to the relaxing music they play.

Seem to be getting into the naughty but nice habit of having strawberry shortcake for breakfast whenever we come here.

We tend to use snack credits for breakfast but Dh used a counter service credit on his breakfast platter.

Ds had his usual pain au chocolate

I have to have my vanilla iced latte!

Something I had at a later date, a delicious apple, caramel delight

And the inside of said delight...
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 11:25 AM.
Old 19 Apr 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Tokyo Dining lunch

We were about to be seated in this section, but luckily a window seat became available.

ahhhh that's more like it.

Ds although a Disney adult at 10, decided to have this teriyaki delight, served in a bullet train! It's a child's meal but was plenty enough for him.

I ordered this grilled chicken dish, I wasn't allowed to order off the specials lunch menu and have the teriyaki dish I had hoped for due to being on the DDP! Luckily my disappointment didn't last long because this dish was amazing. The picture doesn't do it justice, it was huge and varied!

Dd was so excited for this ADR and her 'Ginza' sushi combo meal.

Dh had a grilled steak combination, served with seafood mix, seasonal vegetables, and sukiyaki beef rice.

Desserts, there's not a great choice but we were stuffed anyway!

Chocolate ginger cake, I've had this before at at Teppan Edo and yet again struggled to detect the ginger! It is nice and light though.

Green tea cheesecake, looks a bit weird doesn't it? I had a taste and it was quite nice, not like bogies at all!

Basic vanilla after a hearty feast

All in all a very impressive experience here at Tokyo Dining, the added bonus of getting that table with that view made it extra special.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Old 19 Apr 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios)

Always manage to find a nice,cool, quiet table here no matter what time of day. Today was an early lunch however as we had a early dinner Fantasmic package later on.

Being the adventurous devil that I am, I decided to throw caution to the wind and NOT order my usual hot dog. Big mistake... huge. This is a ham and cheese melt of some kind and wasnt very nice.

ds had a hot dog, he's not foolish like me

And look at the nice chicken salad I should have had... and the desserts that I actually did have... mmmmn the parfait and the chocolate mousse.

I'm not a burger person, I never order or eat them ever, but today I did my best to swap my odd sandwhich for this... my daughter's burger. It did not work.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 09:19 AM.