Old 2 Nov 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 14 – Be Our Guest / Teppan Edo

On our last full day we had a quick bowl of cereal and headed to MK which had an 8 am opening. A little peckish by 9 we headed to Big Top treats for a choc Mickey’s head cookie which was about as big as my head which we shared along with some coffees from the Main St Bakery using Snack credits.

Lunch today was another visit to Be Our Guest given this is a great CS meal. This time I had the roast beef sandwich and DW the turkey. DS stuck to the Croque Monsieur. All were great.

Cakes were a choc cream puff for me, orange éclair for DW and a double choc cupcake for DS.

Good use of 3 CS credits. Again pre-ordering saved loads of faffing about.

By the time we reached Epcot, we were needing to burn up some snack credits (incredibly!) and so bought some Goofy gums for 2 snack credits to take home.

Our last ADR was at Teppan Edo

We were seated with a lovely Canadian family who chatted away quite freely. The service and food as ever were great here.

We all opted for the steak and chicken combo which along with the rice/noodles and vegetables were pretty filling along with those magic sauces...

Desserts had to be ordered and I had the Mango sponge which was actually quite light and nice after a heavy meal.

DW had the ginger cake which neither of us really cared for and DS some ice cream.

3 TS credits used and all in all a lovely way to spend our last night which was completed by watching Illuminations...
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

fantastic report. My dh loves a magic cookie bar he went on Sunday to roaring forks but they had sold out. Good idea to get stuff to make them at home.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

fab report thanks for sharing.
Old 3 Nov 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Fantastic report, great to see positive reviews for Whispering Canyon as we have that on our plans for next year!
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Great report!
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 15 – Roaring Fork

Deciding to de-tox in preparation for returning home (!) we had some Yoghurt with granola and strawberry and banana (which probably had more calories than most of the cakes!) from the ‘Fork. DS decided to abstain and had his usual choc muffin….

As our flight was late afternoon we decided to use our last 3 CS credits at the Roaring Fork after all the packing was complete and we tucked into BBQ pulled pork and slaw roll and fries and Northwest chicken sandwich and fries which DW and I shared which came with a wee salad and DS had the foot long hot dog, which arrived with the chilli and cheese he hadn’t wanted on the side!

2 final magic cookie bars and a choc muffin which were kept back for the journey home and we were good to go via a stop off at Publix for some pre made Cuban sandwiches and Lays for the flight given the likelihood of pigswill being served on the plane (later established to be correct).

Our Flight home with BA was probably even poorer than journey out (see start of journey) and on seeing what was being served up ahead of us we swerved the alleged chicken dish that was on the menu and tore into our Publix sandwiches which were excellent.

The snacks on the internal flight from Gatwick back to Edinburgh were a bit better...

Well looking back, it was another excellent trip and for us staying on site on the DDP works, but I will say it is a lot of food so prepare for the old waistline to take a stretch!

I would say we didn’t eat a poor meal either TS or CS the entire trip. OK, not every ADR worked and had perfect service but you take the good with the bad. Financially I still think the DDP makes sense for us when free, particulary given the current exchange rate but I appreciate it doesn’t necessarily work for everyone. I did find the desserts were too much sometimes and the feeling of not being that hungry when you are about to sit down to dinner sometimes isn’t great but overall I am a supporter.

Until next year….Thanks for reading.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Great report, think you were really lucky with your meals! I think you've persuaded me to add raglan rd to my list fort next year, it looked yummy!

Thanks again for taking the time
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
A really great Food Report - thanks for sharing 😀👍🏻😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Just read your whole report, thanks so much for sharing. You ate at quite a few places that I have been considering, so that has really helped me make some decisions, but on the other hand it has made me consider a couple I hadn't thought about - oh dear!?
Thanks again though😃
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Mmm yummy report! Lots of places we have booked adrs for, and I think we will be happy based on your photos! Thank you.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List