Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Littlered
Dancing with Tink'

Well I suppose it is a waste but on holiday I do think 'what the hell...' kids all wanted one and they enjoyed picking their own out with the youngest being two! (ridiculous I know) but they all still have them a few years later and have the memories... that's whats it all about! They can't wait to return
Littlered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

We share one between two of us. They're pretty easy to do, in fact, it doesn't matter which direction you wave the wand just look for the red infrared beam within the window and point it directly at that lol - that's no fun though!
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

So not worth it !
We bought both of my kids one, they used them once and remained in the villa the rest if the time ! 😂
This was repeated on trip number 2!
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Nothing in this world is worth it in a theme park but the memories that you have with them are. The kids never forget their 1st wand. Take lots of photos and videos. You will need them when they are 18 and 21, if not 30. Happy holidays.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I was very dubious but my dd bought one with her spending money and was very pleased with her purchase.
She used it a lot and did manage to get most of the spells to work once she’d had a lesson from a wizard.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

To be picked in ollivanders and re-enact the film when the wand chooses the wizard,great and then buy the wand and it’s true there are lots of staff to help with the spells and you soon get the hang of them, my daughter thought the whole thing great, but she is a fan of the films
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought one each for our girls in 2016. Of course it isn’t worth it if looked at from a pure ly cost perspective; it’s piece of plastic that cost pennies to make most likely. Nothing you buy in any of the parks is worth it but people still buy overpriced souvenirs because they attach some sort of value to them and costs and value are not the same thing. The wands are the one souvenir that my girls actually cherish and look after. They enjoyed trying to cast spells with it in the parks whilst we were there and are looking forward to doing the same again. They enjoy using it at home when they dress up for parties, world book day etc. It reminds them of good times and it brings them joy. So in that respect, it was worth it for us.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Geojen75
Gone all Goofy

I really think they are. Yes they are pricey but when you compare to $20 spent on a avatar plastic light up knife which has never been used since - they are worth it. My DS has it in his HP museum and plays with it often.
Geojen75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We bought one for our dd last year and she loved it. Took a little practice to get the spells to work, but, once you've got the hang of it, it is quite easy. The team members are always happy to help you if you're stuck. You can also bring the wand back on future visits and they will replace the batteries for free. If your kids love HP, they will love the wands. If they're not that fussed save your money!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think the wand is definitely worth it! My 12 year old loved his and so did us, the parents
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List