Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Changing to maiden name but not on holiday docs

Both holiday booking and passport are in my married name. Although my divorce was last year I've literally just changed everything back to my maiden name except for my passport and holiday booking as I understand I'm fine to travel on old name as long as booking & passport matches. Is that right?

Also - do I change my FairFX card? Or will it raise questions if it doesn't match my passport. But I feel like I should change it if all my other financial accounts have been changed. Worried I'll get this wrong and get in trouble somehow!
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I travel under my. Passport which is under my maiden name and weve been married 10 years never had a problem as long as your booking is in that name
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Legally both names are yours anyway, even when you were married. I travelled on my maiden name for a few years (until my passport expired) even though everything else including bank accounts were in my married name. As long as your passport, ESTA and ticket matches, that's all that immigration will care about.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

The only issue I can think of is that some shops, on occasion, ask for some sort of ID when using a card; if your ID & card show differing names, this could cause issues?
Stores asking for ID is rare but it happens on occasion.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If you card has a chip, it is unlikely you will be asked for ID. ID was used to verify ownership when the was a question about a signature and many places no longer require it when ypou use a chip card.

Over the years, Ihave handed a credit/debit card over to my kids to buy something for me and they have never been questionned (and two of my three kids are male and I am female)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah ID for purchases with my FairFX card in maiden name was the main thing that worried me. I'm thinking I could take my drivers license so that ID matches FairFX card?
I may feel slightly like a spy having two sets of ID on my travels though... :o
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WorldInYellow
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I'm not entirely sure how it will have an effect on this in particular but if you are hiring a car it might be worth checking out the t&C's for that because some of them can be really picky.

Hopefully you will be fine!
Have fun! x
WorldInYellow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You will be fine - as long as you remember the right surname at the right time lol

Enjoy!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
You will be fine - as long as you remember the right surname at the right time lol

Enjoy!
Haha thanks. I'm having trouble with that here already!

Not hiring car so no issues there.
Old 16 Apr 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

As another poster mentionned, the only issue would be the ESTA

as your passport and booking (and I assume plane ticket) are in your married name, your ESTA also needs to be in your married name

but other than that ... well, many people travel without updating their names, wether travelling under maiden name after marriage, or keeping married name after divorce

don't worry, as long as your "immigration" documents match, you're ok.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List