Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile First timers

Hi everyone.

We are looking to go 2019 and eagerly awaiting prices to released for next year.

Theyll be 5 (possibly 6) of us going... 3 adults (possibly 4) and 2 little ones aged 7 and 3.

So me, my partner our 2 daughters, my sister and possibly my mum.

We are looking at booking a package deal direct through Disney, as it's our first time I'm a little unsure with booking everything.

It's been a really tough few months losing both grandparents (my mums parents) just a couple of months apart and we are wanting something to look forward to and aim for I hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure how much we should have as a rough guide as to how much it will be for all of us.. I have no past prices to base it on?

Holly x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi Holly and welcome to the dibb.

Have you any idea what month you would be looking to visit Disney and for what period of time?
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Why don't you try getting some brochures and comparing prices, then flight prices direct from airlines and finally hotel prices direct from the hotel websites which will give you an idea.
I would go with a package from virgin or Thomas cooks etc as I feel Disney direct is expensive. Having said that we have always done diy (even the first time we went) and have been fine. All you need to ensure is that your travel insurance covers "end supplier failure".
Hope this helps
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi powlay, thankyou I was looking for September and staying 2 weeks x
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thankyou dvc,

I was thinking £10,000 for all of us is that realistic would you say?

I'm gonna pop to town tomorrow and grab a few brochures I think x
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hello and welcome,

Disney Holidays absolutely are not cheap - but then have you priced up a villa in the med lately. I have and its comparable.

3 main elements to a holiday there.

1) flights
2) accommodation
3) tickets

Later Spending money, passports and esta (£100 per person) car hire.

We stayed off site in international drive, package hol in 2012 - we did Disney universal seaworld and LEGOLAND - 3 weeks all in Family of 4 inc spending we spent £10k. At the time believed Disney onsite would have been more expensive...

in 2016 we did 3 weeks are Caribbean Beach Resort, family of 5, with disneys Free Dining and spend £10k all in!

Last year we did 2 weeks at CBR and did everything on a budget and it still wasn't cheap but here's the kicker...

There is no other place on earth like it, its an amazing place and cannot be compared with a normal European holiday!

If I were you I would wait until April when Disney release the free dining promotion.

To stay onsite, with your numbers I guess you are either looking at 2 rooms in a Moderate Resort like Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach - or spending a lot more for a 3 bead room villa at Old Key West. That is expensive.

At that point you may also look at a Big Villa off site - or even a split stay...

But the free food at Disney really really helps when you factor in that all of your food will be free when you get there.

Flights - I book myself and aim for £400-500 per person direct from Manchester or Glasgow.
Accommodation - decent villa off site this year is around £2500-3000 for 3 weeks.
Tickets - 3 week Disney tickets this year for a family of 5 are £2100, Universal is £1500.

really is a guess for next year - I'd say you'd be looking at 4-5k+ per week...

Look up Mattie at My Magic Holidays - he will be able to give you a more accurate estimate - I think he offers things like free dining now - and then just adds that to your package when Disney announce it.

Sorry its so vague, its not an exact science...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thankyou for such great advice Ill look that up

We was looking at art of animation suite as saw that slept upto 6 ? Would it still be cheaper to book two rooms at a different hotel rather than the one suite at that hotel ?

Thankyou
Old 27 Jan 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Art of Animation is good but traditionally the don't offer full free dining with those rooms, just free breakfast - as its classed as a Value + resort.

plus I think you would find 4 adults and 2 kids in there for 2 weeks a bit of a squeeze.

May work out okay - just a case of juggling the numbers -
AoA with free brekkie
versus
CBR x 2 rooms with free QSDP
versus
offsite with no free food But self catering cheapish

as I said - it will not be cheap - but I guarantee it will be worth it!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The problem with the AOA suites and your group is that it's one queen size bed, then two double fold out beds. But this is suitable, they're about £250/night for this September so about £3.5k for two weeks. Specifically for free dining, I think this is still classed in the value category like the rest of the resort so you'd only get the breakfast plan - but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Two rooms at a moderate like CBR would be around £300/night (again, at current rates) but would come with the QSDP instead. With four adults, the upgrade price would be more than this. The PO resorts are more expensive, at around £380/night for two rooms. So that's £4.2 or £5.3k respectively. £2k for tickets. About £1k if you want to upgrade the dining plan from QSDP to full DDP. That would leave you between £2-3k for flights, depending which resort you went with. I think it's cutting it fine, tbh.

I can't currently price the 2 bed villas at OKW/SSR (one king bed in bedroom 1, two queens in bedroom 2 plus a sofa bed - and if OKW, a sleeper chair - in the lounge) but from memory they were around £3.3k/week on my dates which are similar pricing to September. But you'd have much more space than two rooms at POR, and no need to upgrade the dining. If you can fit it in the budget, this is what I would recommend for your group.

ETA: Managed to find some 2 bed pricing finally - currently showing at £515/night at OKW. BUT during free dining the past few years, these two resorts have been discounted. I believe the offer for this year was 25% off the room rate. Assuming the same rates/discount next year, this would take it down to around the same price as 2 rooms at POR. So you'd effectively get the dining upgrade free, plus the extra space.

Edited at 12:31 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Holly1115 View Post
Thankyou dvc,

I was thinking £10,000 for all of us is that realistic would you say?

I'm gonna pop to town tomorrow and grab a few brochures I think x
Sounds like you're in the right ballpark - a lot will depend on the room you go for.

I paid around that for direct flights to MCO from Manchester, for 2 adults, 3 kids [7,5,almost2] in a Savanna View Room in Animal Kingdom Lodge, including Kilimanjaro Club access, park tickets, and (free) Disney Dining.

I booked it all through Walt Disney Travel Company, as though the flights are usually cheaper to book direct through Virgin/BA, as it's our first trip, I sort of wanted the reassurance that everything was in order - though I've looked back, and once taking TopCashBack into account, it was actually £20 cheaper to book through Walt Disney Travel Company vs Direct with the Airlines separately.

I also paid on a Costco American Express card, which gives you 2% back on any travel purchases, so ended up with £185 from there, and the TopCashBack came in at £355.54 (I originally booked a Pool View Animal Kingdom Room, so I could do it online via TopCashBack, as the Savannah View Room was "Call for Details" on the website, then after it was booked I just phoned to upgrade the room).

Edited at 12:21 AM.
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List