Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
I price it up myself and get Thomas Cook to beat it (have done for last few trips to Disney), always get a deal.

Other options are to haggle in store (got 23% discount one year from Virgin on their web price when haggling instore, just needed the area manager to approve it).
Do you find you can haggle more in store with Virgin? I don't tend to book through TAs but I've seen some half decent packages for next year recently. The only issue I'm finding is that whether they will discount or not depends very much on who answers the phone!
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I asked this same question and this is the list I got. Hope it helps

So far I have:-
* Walt Disney
* virgin
* Tui
* Oceans Florida
* Kenwood Travel
* Dial a flight
* Travelbag
* Orlando Attractions
* My Magic Holiday
* Charter Travel
* Travel City Direct
* Expedia
* Your Florida Holiday
* Kuoni Travel
* Florida escapes
* flightstoflorida
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Do you find you can haggle more in store with Virgin? I don't tend to book through TAs but I've seen some half decent packages for next year recently. The only issue I'm finding is that whether they will discount or not depends very much on who answers the phone!
I find it much easier in store and ideally with the manager (who can bring in the area mgr if needed).

Just go armed with prices / evidence rather than say you want to pay £x or want £y discount (and don’t take the pee).

Worst case they say no, but I’ve always managed to get discount (always for school summer hols). If they can still make a profit you can get a discount of some form (I also managed to get $200 Disney gift card for this year even though it had dropped to $100, so that alone was better than I could do myself, but then got further discount on top - the store can add their discount on top of any existing discount applied).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

I had a quote from my magical holidays for Beach and Yacht club, Wilderness lodge, Animal Kingdom lodge and the Contemporary, all came under the Disney price.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
I asked this same question and this is the list I got. Hope it helps

So far I have:-
* Walt Disney
* virgin
* Tui
* Oceans Florida
* Kenwood Travel
* Dial a flight
* Travelbag
* Orlando Attractions
* My Magic Holiday
* Charter Travel
* Travel City Direct
* Expedia
* Your Florida Holiday
* Kuoni Travel
* Florida escapes
* flightstoflorida
Great list thanks
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
I find it much easier in store and ideally with the manager (who can bring in the area mgr if needed).

Just go armed with prices / evidence rather than say you want to pay £x or want £y discount (and don’t take the pee).

Worst case they say no, but I’ve always managed to get discount (always for school summer hols). If they can still make a profit you can get a discount of some form (I also managed to get $200 Disney gift card for this year even though it had dropped to $100, so that alone was better than I could do myself, but then got further discount on top - the store can add their discount on top of any existing discount applied).
Thank you
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

Well we used Charter travel for our upcoming trip and Richard there was really helpful - we even changed our Universal hotel months later and the change was very reasonable.

I know there is an issue with them not accepting Credit Cards now, but that's their way of dealing with not being allowed to pass on that charge. I booked before the law change so always knew there'd be a charge for that

I would certainly recommend them

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Travelplanners... 3 years in a row now.
Great deals, personal service and so helpful...
Also got over $300 gift card this years hols.
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Orlando Attractions is my agent of choice. They offer great service, cheaper prices and really understand a Disney holiday too, so no confusion about codes for linking your reservation to MDE to allow advanced FP and ADR bookings. They were excellent when all the problems arose last year around the CBR construction too
hi,do they do deposits on holiday bookings,and if you can remember please, how much, thanks, mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
hi,do they do deposits on holiday bookings,and if you can remember please, how much, thanks, mo x
For Disney, they charge the same £50pp as Disney do

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List