Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Aug 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Gwazi is shut now I believe. Or it was in October 2016 and 2017.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Gwazi is still standing but is not running, I believe that it is too expensive to take down. We are going to Busch for the first time in 20 years very soon, I will report back. We are bored with Disney, boys are 17 and 11 and want thrill rides.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

we love Busch Gardens too. Great park for all ages and free transport from most hotels if you don't fancy the drive.Head for rides that are popular first then walk round the park later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We are another family that love Busch gardens much prefer it to Disney and I don’t do thrill rides at all .
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Gwazi is shut now I believe. Or it was in October 2016 and 2017.
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Gwazi is still standing but is not running, I believe that it is too expensive to take down. We are going to Busch for the first time in 20 years very soon, I will report back. We are bored with Disney, boys are 17 and 11 and want thrill rides.
Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. I don't know about expensive to take down, I'd have happily demolished it after I'd got off it last time.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

We also love Busch Gardens one of our favourite parks, definitely worth a visit.
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Love BG! Best coasters in Orlando. Cheetah Hunt is probably by fave coaster anywhere. Loved Falcons Fury too. As mentioned above Sheikra is great- it's like Oblivion at Alton Towers but on steroids.

The park itself is really fun with all the animals and nice to walk around.

You probably don't need to buy the express passes- it doesn't get as busy as the Orlando parks
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We visited BG last Aug. We’ve been before but not for a couple of years. It’s a great park for thrill seekers as there are some fab rides to be found here if they are working which we found many were not on our visit. ☹️ This included the two newest rides as well, neither working.

We did do the Serengeti Safari and fed the giraffes which was amazing and the best part of the day. The park we found a little run down unfortunately with miserable staff, no doubt due to the amount of complaints they were getting regarding the rides not running.

It’s not for us anymore but if it was my first time visit I’d not be put off by others experience. Enjoy x
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Bg is fun and you deffo won't need the express passes! It's a good day out. If you time it right you could even visit Silver Moon Drive In on the way back.
Sometimes they have offers on Groupon and such.
Old 12 Aug 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
And another for BG from me. We love it's less hectic atmosphere, the mixture of big rides and animals etc.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List