Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Clever of Disney- surprised that they haven't done it before. At the moment MBs are supplied at a cost to Disney- maybe under a dollar I would guess (edit, probably more, the chips ( a custom NRF24LE1) can be bought singularly for about £2.50 on eBay- Disney will not pay anything like that, but there is the manufacturing cost of the band itself, the battery (20 pence), shipping etc- each one must cost about £3 to Disney) . Even selling these heavily discounted, they turn a loss into a hefty profit- they just work out what they would lose on the sale of them anyway to hotel guests and knock that off. They must have crunched the numbers and realised this will make them lots of extra $$$$$$$s. The fact they have a character printed on them will result in pennies more in production charges for them I imagine.
Something of a win/ win- hopefully not a precursor to all of them being charged for.
I anticipate at about $10- $15 each after discount these will be very popular, so it turns all the people who buy them from around a £3 cost to about a £10 profit- nice.
There are 30,000 hotel rooms with an average nearing 90% occupancy. I estimate maybe an average of 3 guest per room, an average stay of 5 days (guesswork). Roughly 6 million magic bands a year. Imagine if 25% buy this, say 1.5 million people, and they make £10 each. A cool £15m extra revenue per annum. Plus annual passholders. Could he higher, what will be the conversion rate when it is popping up on MDE for only $10- $15 each (?). Although not as profitable as car parking.

Edited at 06:42 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ukminnie21
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Oooo I love this! Fingers crossed it comes out in time for our Disneymoon ❤️
Ukminnie21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Finally! I don’t get why they have taken so long to do this. Very excited to do this for my next trip!
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I hope it's in time for my September trip
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

No doubt there'll be at least one Star Wars design and perhaps one reason Disney are starting to offer this now is to give all the many SW fans who will be visiting the chance to get one as they'll likely sell out quickly in shops. I know loads of us won't choose an SW one but it does seem a coincidence.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no! We will all want one of these so that’s another $75 gone! 🤪
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Really happy about this 😁
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lotso
Serious Dibber

I've just checked the shop on MDE and they're available to buy now 👍🏼
Lotso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I hope they are available to choose for the $10 per person instead of the plain colours for or trip. Checked the customise my band section and still only plain ones on offer.
Old 6 May 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lotso View Post
I've just checked the shop on MDE and they're available to buy now 👍🏼
I can’t find it. Where about a is this?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List