Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s also nice to do a couple of days before so you can adjust to any time change. I struggled a bit at the beginning of Alaska due to the jet lag, with hindsight I wish I’d gone a few days earlier at least.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I've done the day before flying into Fort Lauderdale in December and it was fine, however I had to because work wouldn't let me have another day off. We've also flown in the day of Med cruises which isn't wise but has been fine, again only did that because we didn't have a choice.

If I had the option to have 2-3 days beforehand though I'd definitley do that! As Ariel says it helps with the time change as well, in that cruise from Fort Lauderdale we were in bed by 8pm the first couple of nights and missed out on shows wanted to see!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s also nice to do a couple of days before so you can adjust to any time change. I struggled a bit at the beginning of Alaska due to the jet lag, with hindsight I wish I’d gone a few days earlier at least.
We’ll be flying out at least a couple of days before our cruise, mostly to stop me from worrying! I didn’t think of the jet lag until I read this, but that’s another very good reason to fly out early
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I shouldn’t have read this thread

We are flying tomorrow for a cruise on Sunday.

Fingers crossed for me
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I shouldn’t have read this thread

We are flying tomorrow for a cruise on Sunday.

Fingers crossed for me
🤞 but sure you’ll be fine. As someone else said, if it’s a cruise across the Atlantic, usually Florida in my case, then I need a few days before to cope with the time adjustment. If it’s the west coast for Alaska, make it a week before I’m fully functioning! Also I’ve had my suitcase ‘mislaid’ by airlines twice on transatlantic (indirect) flights and both times they have taken a few days to catch up with me.

If it’s a cruise out of Barcelona though, the day before is fine for me - lots of direct and indirect flights there every day if something goes wrong.
Old 26 Mar 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have flown the day before a few times, and would much prefer an extra day. This is more due to tiredness than anything. After a long travel day, then having to get up early to board the ship, we find we are knackered by midday.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List