Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great holiday. We drove from San Diego to Phoenix a couple of years ago. A long drive but loved it. It took us right down to the border and at one point we thought we were in a scene from Sicario when 3 blacked out SUV’s came flying past us. Met some border patrol cops at a gas station... very polite but huge!
We have also spent time up in the high California desert amongst cactus and ‘stuff’. We love it.
Good luck, hope you get to go.
I’m pretty sure now our May trip is gone, we have another booked for December so if you get yours, we should get ours
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I was cancelled by the Volcano, had Egypt cancelled by the Sinai aircraft bomb detonation, had my PCH drive in 2018 stymied by the mud slide, now cancelled by Covid19... I am used to vacation disappointment and feel akin to the ‘unsinkable Molly Brown’ (google her).
With that record I can't help but feel you've just jinxed all of our August trips...

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
With that record I can't help but feel you've just jinxed all of our August trips...
Aah!
But the rearranged vacation off the back of each of those was amazing.
With that in mind, you can practically take it as a given that we will all get there in August... possibly.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve lost a trip to Ireland to see relatives over Easter, a European break in May, my cherished annual solo theatre trip, most likely a pricey Wimbledon package and a good chance the US Open won’t go ahead and I’ll lose court side seats for that. Have been working flat to the mat 2 jobs, 7 days a week to save up for all these so it’s a real 😢 to see them all slip away from me. I’m still holding out hope for our August trip. 1) You have to have something to look forward to 2) If the worst case scenarios are right and closures extend into 2021 the world economy will be in such a dire state that holidays will be the last thing on anyone’s mind so what have we to lose by staying positive? Not a thing. We’ve planned for the worst of course and have checked all T&Cs and cancellation policies but I know my own mental health would suffer if I gave in to the worst predictions now at this stage and wrote off the next 2 years of my life.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

CFB, your positivity inspires me!

I’ve been feeling down in the dumps the last few days feeling like our August holiday won’t go ahead but you’ve made me feel hopeful again. If we don’t have hope then what’s the point right?

Your itinerary sounds great, will you be driving part of Route 66 from Phoenix? If you go anywhere near Seligman, I can highly recommend stopping off there for lunch at Road Kill Cafe. The town is where the Pixar film ‘Cars’ was based on.

As you know we really enjoyed the Warner Bros Studio Tour last year so if it’s open I can highly recommend.

Looking forward to reading all about it. Did you rebook Columbus Motor Inn?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hi there.
I am well aware that you did the Warner Bros tour last year.. to the extent that we added it to our itinerary.

Regrettably, Route 66 is simply to far north for us and we have decided to just hit the 10, heading West. It should be a 5.5 hr run to the Tilt Hotel (A walk to both Universal and Warner Bros (Booked))... plus a stop somewhere for lunch. Whatever we do on that run we want to be moving by 0900 and in the Tilt Hotel for 1800 so we have 4.5 hours to mess around en route and as yet, we don’t know what to do with it.

Any suggestions from DIBBERS are more than welcom. We are very aware that we pass close to the Joshua Tree National Park and may pull in there.

Seligman looks great (I have now researched it) it is a shame.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:14 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

We've got a West Coast trip booked, due to fly 29th August. We're visiting, Yosemite, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion & Hoover Dam amongst others.

Having already had to rearrange our daughters wedding, a med cruise and a weekend in Amsterdam, not to mention our new caravan still sitting in the dealers, I'm hoping and praying we can still get to go.

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Frogboy🤣 I am surprised Mandy has only selected one aircraft museum. We stayed in Scottsdale when we covered the Phoenix area. It’s more relaxed and plenty of good eating places. Hope all four of you are safe and well.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are meant to fly out on the 22nd August but we are going to Vegas, Disney and universal, knots berry and warner bros studio tour as well as other planned excursions. It’s our first trip so while we would happily go to Orlando and not so the parks as we have been many times we think we will end up rearranging This to next August if possible. My son is in the most vulnerable group too so it makes it more complicated. I hope yours goes ahead as planned and you have a great trip.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Hi there.
I am well aware that you did the Warner Bros tour last year.. to the extent that we added it to our itinerary.

Regrettably, Route 66 is simply to far north for us and we have decided to just hit the 10, heading West. It should be a 5.5 hr run to the Tilt Hotel (A walk to both Universal and Warner Bros (Booked))... plus a stop somewhere for lunch. Whatever we do on that run we want to be moving by 0900 and in the Tilt Hotel for 1800 so we have 4.5 hours to mess around en route and as yet, we don’t know what to do with it.

Any suggestions from DIBBERS are more than welcom. We are very aware that we pass close to the Joshua Tree National Park and may pull in there.

Seligman looks great (I have now researched it) it is a shame.
Some suggestions for the I10 (Enroute):

Palm Springs Aerial Tram, Pioneertown (but check the performance schedule), Ontario Mills (shopping & lunch)

We only spent about 20 mins in the J.Tree Park.
Just to see it really. Lol.

If you’re in SLO on a Thursday, they have a fun evening market.

I’m an optimist too, rebooked for late August! All refundable/changeable. It’s great to have something to look forward to.

Edited at 08:46 AM.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List