Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Balinesedancer
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Question How would you plan 9 nights along the Gulf Coast?

Hello everyone!

I am being very indecisive and keep changing my mind where to stay, duration etc and wondered how you would spend 9 nights along the Gulf Coast? (We will be staying in Orlando for 10 nights initially!) Still early planning and looking for ideas. I hope to go during the second week of May 20. It will just be myself and my partner, we are both in our late 20's, no children. We are happy to travel and don't mind driving long distances, we will be hiring a car!

Thank you in advance
Balinesedancer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi some great places on golf coast , but have you considered east coast Palm beach area.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

We spent nine days on the Gulf Coast this year and drove from Miami to spend the first three days in Naples to explore the southern. We then headed went to Siesta Key followed by New Years Eve in Fort Myers (which was great fun). We then headed over to our house for another 9 days.

Naples was great for access to Everglades City and we were able to take a boat trip out to the islands and kayak through the everglades.

We then explored the national and state parks along the coast and so often had the space to ourselves.

We absolutely loved it!
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbyr79
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi

We are doing a road trip in July,
Flight into Miami stay first night in airport hotel
Upto Orlando for 6 nights to do seaworld and aquatica
Over to treasure island for 3 night
Down to Naples for 4 nights
Down to key largo for 2 nights
Back upto Miami for the last night.

Quite a bit of driving but we have done Disney and universal many times so really wanted to explore the other parts of Florida.
Bobbyr79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have spent 8 nights on Anna Maria Island.

We rented a little studio right on the beach.

It was sooooo amazing!

This year we have 3 nights in Key West, 4 nights in Cape Coral and 6 nghts at AMI.

If I could only go to one place ever again it would be AMI.

Lots of things to see and do, fablous restaurants and close enough to get to other places for days out in the car

x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post

It was sooooo amazing!

This year we have 3 nights in Key West, 4 nights in Cape Coral and 6 nghts at AMI.

Lots of things to see and do, fablous restaurants and close enough to get to other places for days out in the car

x
Hi, can you remember the name of the beach studio? TIA.
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post

It was sooooo amazing!

x
Could i ask where you have chose for Anna Maria, struggling on the 6 nights for our Itn

Thanks
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After spending 3 wonderful nights in Naples (Inn on Fifth) last summer DH and I are heading back for 12 nights, this time in a villa on the Lely Estate. So far we have booked a boat hire (full day through groupon) and PBR Touring Pro Division at Hertz Arena. We will also plan to go back to just beyond Everglade City and turn up HP Williams Wayside to view lots of gators in the wild.

Providing there is no red tide this year we'd also like to visit the beach (missed this out last year), take a sunset boat tour, go for a drive/tour round some of the stunning houses in Naples, go to the zoo, have lots of brunches, eat at Brookes burgers and the seafood restaurant on 5th avenue.

We also have 3 nights in Sarasota in the Ritz Carlton. Not been to Sarasota, just fancied seeing somewhere new.

This is our first trip where we are going nowhere near any of the parks and can't wait
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Panhandle - Seaside is wonderful. I'd maybe go to St Augustine for 3 - 4 nights then across and up to somewhere like San Destin/ Seaside. Or St Augustine, then to Hilton Head Island. Or Southwest Gulf- Naples.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post
Hi, can you remember the name of the beach studio? TIA.
We stayed at Cedar Cove Resort - in the Flamingo Studio. We had our own little bit of decking, they had bbqs for residents use and it was literally 20 seconds across the property to the beach - no road to cross from our studio.

We went in early June so got a good rate - it was too expesnive for our Xmas trip otherwise we'd have gone back

Originally Posted by Ball81 View Post
Could i ask where you have chose for Anna Maria, struggling on the 6 nights for our Itn

Thanks
We booked #789703 with HomeAway.co.uk.

There was lots of choice but I wanted to be close to the beach and as we are going over Xmas everything was very expensive
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List