Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Jun 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Cape Coral villa with boat dock

I have spent most of the afternoon having a trawl through different ideas of where to stay and what to do for a couple/ew days on the Gulf coast next summer.

I'm getting more and more interested in having a villa for three nights in the Cape Coral area. Appears to be loads with their own boat dock. I've then looked at various boat rental companies and looks really good.

Just wondering if anyone has done this? If so, di you enjoy it? any tips/recommendations? Any pitfalls or things to look out for?

Thanks
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did this a few years ago (trip report can be found in my signature), we loved the location and really enjoyed the trip but didn't get any use out of the boat as we were unlucky with the weather for the days we had it.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We did this a few years ago (trip report can be found in my signature), we loved the location and really enjoyed the trip but didn't get any use out of the boat as we were unlucky with the weather for the days we had it.
Thank you. I've just skim read your days in Cape Coral. That's given me food for thought as I was looking at a 3 day hire and it's a lot of money to be able to sit and look at the boat if the weather's bad!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thank you. I've just skim read your days in Cape Coral. That's given me food for thought as I was looking at a 3 day hire and it's a lot of money to be able to sit and look at the boat if the weather's bad!
Yep - it probably didn't help that neither of us are experienced around boats and the canals are quite technical in some areas so we were probably a bit cautious. With hindsight some kind of tour would probably have been a better idea.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Yep - it probably didn't help that neither of us are experienced around boats and the canals are quite technical in some areas so we were probably a bit cautious. With hindsight some kind of tour would probably have been a better idea.
I have no experience with boats either. However, I’d be happy to bluff it, put on a captains hat and scare the wife and kids to death 😂
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We hired a villa with a boat and after 30 minutes tuition we were fine. A little nerve racking at times if you're not confident mind especially coming to an almost full lock. Overall the experience was great even had dolphins swimming alongside us.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We had an amazing villa with boat dock 2 years ago, can dig you out the HomeAway url if you like. Owner was really good, place was immaculate
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by brown78p View Post
We hired a villa with a boat and after 30 minutes tuition we were fine. A little nerve racking at times if you're not confident mind especially coming to an almost full lock. Overall the experience was great even had dolphins swimming alongside us.
Thank you. I think I would be pretty confident. Just trying to work out if If the thought of it would be better than the reality.
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
We had an amazing villa with boat dock 2 years ago, can dig you out the HomeAway url if you like. Owner was really good, place was immaculate
Thank you. That would be great. It’s been years since I used the likes of homeaway or owners direct so feeling a bit nervous about it scanning through them. Did you hire a boat whilst you were there ?
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thank you. That would be great. It’s been years since I used the likes of homeaway or owners direct so feeling a bit nervous about it scanning through them. Did you hire a boat whilst you were there ?
the link is here:

homeaway/p3612178

we didnt hire a boat however the owner had theirs on the dock and the neighbours weer using theirs most days. I was a bit blarey eyed this morning as was on my way home from nights but the property was immaculate, stocked with everything you could need, pool/beach towels, all transactions done through Homeaway, and no hefty damage deposits. The owner was really helpful all through the process. Its not in the photos but there is also a massive outdoor kitchen/grill under the lanai.
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List