Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Mar 20, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
rosieposie
First POST

February 2021 Trip - First time in Orlando!

Hi all, i'm currently in the very early stages of planning my first ever trip to Orlando. To line up with my bf's work holidays we're looking at mid-February for 10 days. It will be just the two of us.

Thinking about staying in AoA or Pop Century at Disney World and just devoting ourselves to exploring Disney. What do people think of this idea? I would love to go to Universal too but not sure how doable that is. It's all very new to me so any suggestions of must-do's are much appreciated!
rosieposie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

You could fit Universal in in 2/3 days if you wanted to fit in in.

Last year we did 4 nights in Universal and 10 in Disney and we got loads done so its doable just depends on budget etc if you can stretch to getting both tickets.

Just Disney would be fine - this year we are only doing universal so there is no right or wrong with your plan

Enjoy

Disney & Universal: May 2019
Everything but Disney: August 2022
BallroomMom is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

On a ten day trip, I would not try to do both Disney and Universal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Our first trip last year was a 10 night Disney only, and we were going back for a second visit, 15 night Disney only this year (now unfortunately cancelled due to coronavirus). We could have probably squeezed universal but I think a 10 day visit doesn't really lend itself to multi-parks visits, and makes (expensive) park tickets rather poor value too. The 4 Disney parks, plus 2 water parks, would easily keep you busy and happy for 10 days. We loved our Disney-only stay; we stayed at CSR with free dining and enjoyed every minute of it.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
On a ten day trip, I would not try to do both Disney and Universal.
I'd agree.

For your first time there is a lot to do in the 4 theme parks + 2 water parks for 10 days. I'd stick to Disney or extend your trip.
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Personal opinion

14+ nights - You could combo 2 sets of theme parks e.g. Disney and Universal or Disney and SeaWorld etc

10 or less, devote yourself to Disney if you're already staying there.

If you love it it gives you a reason to go back

If you get to sheer obsessive levels of going and stay 3+ weeks do EVERYTHING lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Most of the time I would say don't do both on a 10 day trip and don't do both if it is your first trip (unless maybe 3 weeks long).

Disney is 6 parks, though only 5 will be open in feb (1 waterpark will be closed). MK is certainly 2 days. So you really have a minimum of 6 days out. You will probably want to do at least one park more than once. So 7 days. 3 days for more of a chill. Sounds a good mix.

But.

You are a couple. No kids. So it depends a bit on you. If you are high energy and love to pack your days 8am-10pm full on then maybe have a go at both. Finances permitting.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I would only say squeeze in a day at Universal in that time if you can afford a Universal Express ticket - this is a front of line pass (doesn’t include Hagrids coaster though) and would make a universal park doable in a day. But tbh as it’s your first time I also agree to focus on Disney and do it properly, especially with the current risk of reduced hours still being in place. You’ll love it!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Me and my partner went for 10days in 2018 and did both universal and disney and had an amazing time. We did 2 full days and 2 evenings at universal and the rest at disney with a shopping day here and there. If you don't mind getting up early, leaving for an afternoon break and heading back out at night I'd definitely recommend trying both parks, they are so different! It's nice to have the variarion, plus bigger rides at universal! However, I had been before (my partner hadn't) so I knew how to plan everything out, if it's your first time and you're more tentative you can always stick to disney.

Edited at 11:08 AM.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List