Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 19, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Mobile Hagrid’s Muggle Mug-off

Been to IOA today and attempted to ride Hagrids. Unfortunately it was broken for the first 3 hours we were there, but when it finally reopened, there was a minimal wait time of only 120 minutes. So naturally we couldn’t believe our luck and jumped head-first into the queue. Exactly 120 minutes into the queue, a ‘brief delay’ followed by ‘inclement weather’ in the area, followed by another ‘brief delay’ meant that we found ourselves still in the queue over 4 hours after joining. With the ride still down and our patience wearing particularly thin, we spoke to a team member who said it was our choice to stay in line and no one was holding us against our will. A few more stern words later led to us being led around the corner by the same staff member, whereby he glanced round to make sure no one else was watching, before handing us two ‘golden tickets’, which we could use to return to the front of Hagrids ride at any time of our choosing. Earlier in the day guest services had categorically insisted that these don’t exist under any circumstances! So please, if the same happens to you and you find yourself at or near the front of the queue faced with long delays due to technical issues, don’t take no for an answer! (Caveat: they won’t issue them for weather delays).
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We noticed a lot of people buying the VIP tour which gives front of line access to the ride. We queued at opening and got to the front at 1015am. A VIP tour then went ahead of us. Not sure how much it costs but if you have limited time (and an unlimited budget) that’s an option.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I couldn't resist having a look at the website to see how much the VIP tour costs. It varies depending on which day of the week and when, but the current cost for one day/one park is $279 plus tax. The lowest price I could find for any date during the rest of 2019 was $189 rising to $429 pp for a tour on Christmas day. The majority of dates were all in the range $229-$279.

Debra
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
plantyroo
Earning More Ears

We did the Universal VIP tour recently and if you can afford it - it is definitely worth doing - not just for getting onto Hagrid's but for the knowledge and experience of the tour guides too.

Yes they get you onto the rides (usually through a variety of back stage routes) but you'll also get to learn a lot more about the parks and the ride history, see some of the ride operations and staff areas etc. I'd definitely recommend it.
plantyroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by plantyroo View Post
We did the Universal VIP tour recently and if you can afford it - it is definitely worth doing - not just for getting onto Hagrid's but for the knowledge and experience of the tour guides too.

Yes they get you onto the rides (usually through a variety of back stage routes) but you'll also get to learn a lot more about the parks and the ride history, see some of the ride operations and staff areas etc. I'd definitely recommend it.
Is it an add on? I mean do you need to have a regular park ticket as well? Might do it next year if not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Is it an add on? I mean do you need to have a regular park ticket as well? Might do it next year if not.
Should have mentioned this when I posted the prices earlier - the VIP tour does not include entry to the park(s) so this would be on top of the prices I mentioned previously.

Debra
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
plantyroo
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It's on top of park admission but does include a buffet breakfast and lunch in a VIP only building. Your VIP passes also work as express passes for the rest of the day across both parks and give you a discount off merchandise. I think we did 23 rides (some multiple times) during our VIP day overall. We also got to skip the queue into Olivanders.

If you factor in meal costs and Express pass costs we found that the VIP tour wasn't too badly priced.

We had a few children in our party too and the tour guide went out of their way to ensure that the tour was customised to give them time to do what they wanted to do to - like using their magic wands to cast spells - including a couple of places that aren't overly obvious unless you know about them...
plantyroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

If staying on site. Can you queue for this ride on early entry.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
At present early entry is only for Universal Studios, not IOA.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I don't think IoA has had early morning entry since the ride opened, the ride itself was opening later than everything else too for a while.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List