Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
My son has agreed to get a bucket hat. I feel an enormous sense of parental achievement
Ds took DDs post Reading bucket hat. I'm shocked he wants that anywhere near his head.
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Haha, sounds familiar, have you read my posts as dd was at Leeds fest too. Shocking situation about the water! 🥵 my dd loved it and fully intends on going again next year! 🙈

They don’t just rob tents, dd had her bag stolen in a mosh pit. 😠

Ps, are you from Teesside by any chance with your name being smoggy?

Kat
That's awful what happened to your daughter, that must have been quite traumatic for her.
Yes I'm from Teesside 😄, born in Boro but live in Ingleby now
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Picked dd up safe and sound last night, she was cold and exhausted but had the most amazing time she bought a bucket hat for stupid money but said it will see her through for the next few years! She fully intends on going back next year!

Hope your young ones had a fab first festival too

Edited to add: I thought the whole organisation was great. Drop of and pickup was easy, we found her no problems at all and no long queue to get out, and she said it was all well organised inside and she felt safe. A good choice for a first festival I think!

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR

Edited at 09:13 AM.
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sandwich bags which are zip locked to keep electrical/battery things in overnight in case it rains. If you Google Glastonbury packing list you'll get loads of festival packing lists just go through one of those and edit as appropriate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Our son said he would stay until Monday morning but then we got a message at 10:30pm sunday night saying could dad go and get him...so of course he did! They got back around 2am, and he went straight to bed and slept like a baby for twelve hours straight

The tent made it home, so did the sleeping bag, but the brand new camping chairs I got them were stolen, and he went through a lot of money buying himself an air bed, hat, food, etc. He said it was really good though and would go again. Maybe we should join them! (theres a premier inn nearby which I would be in, no camping for me)

Never been so happy to see my grumpy teenager!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Our son said he would stay until Monday morning but then we got a message at 10:30pm sunday night saying could dad go and get him...so of course he did! They got back around 2am, and he went straight to bed and slept like a baby for twelve hours straight

The tent made it home, so did the sleeping bag, but the brand new camping chairs I got them were stolen, and he went through a lot of money buying himself an air bed, hat, food, etc. He said it was really good though and would go again. Maybe we should join them! (theres a premier inn nearby which I would be in, no camping for me)

Never been so happy to see my grumpy teenager!
Good old Dad! My dh is also the one that usually gets the late pickups! Like your dh, we don’t mind though, at least we know they’re home safe.

Sorry to hear your camping chairs were stolen, that’s bad

My dd did say everything was very expensive. She was freezing at night but refused to pay the price they wanted for a new sleeping bag!

I have checked the Premier Inn opposite, sold out for next year already Looks like we’ll have to give it a miss again

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List