Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 14 Nov 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We watched it a few weeks ago on Disney +. DS lasted 5 mins. DH lost the will by the end of the 1st Act but I liked it. I,m sure it would be better live so would go and see it on stage if I had the opportunity.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I tried but just didn't like it
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Fist time I started watching it I wasn’t a huge fan.

My daughter and I are massive fans now and can’t wait to see it live. I’ve promised to take her when the theatres re-open. We love the music.
My wife hates it, says it all sounds the same and makes us turn it off in the car!
But it will sadly always remind me of Covid and lockdown.
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Love it! We’ve seen it 3 times on stage and a fair few on screen. Big fans in this house!
When we first saw it, I wasn’t sure it would be my thing at all but wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
Lin Manuel Miranda isn’t my favourite Hamilton but I’m so pleased to have had the chance to see him in the role.

Can’t wait for In the Heights to be released now

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

We were lucky enough to see it live in New York...watched about 20mins of it on TV but turned it off...the atmosphere in the theatre is amazing and TV is not a patch on the live version.

Edited at 11:51 PM.
carolmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I’ve watched it once but it did take me two attempts as when I first put it on I gave up after about 20 mins. But I went back and managed to get through it. I think I will give it another go now that I know it gets better as it goes on.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m glad we saw it on Disney plus first. We couldn’t get the time off to get tickets so we hadn’t got round to seeing it. I think atmosphere wise I would have struggled had we of seen it live first. We have not watched anything streamed for that reason.

Absolutely loved it, can’t wait to see it once we all reopen.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

Only seen the stage version and I enjoyed it but didn't catch all the words, though I read the plot first so I got the gist [did the same with Les Mis so I'd 'get' it]. I'd see it again, but not one I could watch over and over

OH hated it and just kept moaning about it being 'rap' (miserable &*$%^)

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I saw it live in London and enjoyed the music and performance but really struggled to follow the words. My dd already knew every word and loved it.

We were in the gods and I had a very uncomfortable seat which didn’t help the experience!

I watched it later on Disney+ and found it easier to follow and the filming is excellent. A totally different experience from the view from gods. I think it’s a fantastic show but the plot is hard to follow if you can’t get keep up with the lyrics. I needed subtitles!

Edited at 08:39 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hated it. So glad we didn't spend money on West End tickets.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List