Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bullandog
Earning My Ears

VS75 In October Man to MCO all possibly cancelled

Hi all

Just want to let people know I have been checking my flights daily on VS75 from MAN to MCO and today cannot get into the seat selection that has been there everyday.

I also did a dummy booking on new flights and all October direct flights have now disappeared but re appear on 1st Nov.

I have had no cancellation email yet but could be the start.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
bullandog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My flights for 20th have disappeared from ‘my booking’ too

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You mean October, or full stop ? If the former maybe amend the title as it could panic people.
Old 12 Sep 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

On Twitter they have confirmed October flights to Orlando have been cancelled.
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Mines gone too
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Ours have now gone also.

Where would we be without the dibb?!

I wish Virgin Atlantic would just announce properly and speed along refunds.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
My wife had an email from Virgin yesterday as below. We have 2 separate bookings (to maximise the air miles) and I have not received one.

Hello,

As a direct result of Covid-19 and the global travel restrictions imposed, we’ve had to make changes to our flying programme. In response we’ve consolidated our flights and removed some from our schedule.
We’re sorry to let you know that your flight VS75 on 22 Oct 2020 has been cancelled.
We understand how much you would have been looking forward to your trip, so we’ve updated our rebooking policies to ensure you have the flexibility you need. To make things as easy as possible and provide you with immediate peace of mind, we will automatically keep your ticket open as credit for you to use for travel any time up to 30th September 2022, with no fee to change your booking.If you choose to travel on the same route up to 30th November 2020, we’ll also waive any potential fare differences. If you need to alter your travel plans, or would like someone else to benefit from your booking you can change the passenger names too.

There’s absolutely no rush to make a decision right now. We suggest you keep your booking reference as confirmation of your credit and when you’re ready to rebook, we’re here for you. Just let us know when and where you’d like to travel here, and our team will be back in touch to complete your booking.

With our customer centre teams working from home, with limited infrastructure and availability, our phone lines are very busy right now. The quickest way for us to get you rebooked is to let us know through the form on the website. For more details on the available options and any further questions, please check our latest up to date information here.
We're very grateful for your patience and understanding right now, and are really looking forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Until then, stay safe and stay well.

Corneel Koster
Chief Customer Officer | Virgin Atlantic

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goofy3075 View Post
To make things as easy as possible and provide you with immediate peace of mind, we will automatically keep your ticket open as credit for you to use for travel any time up to 30th September 2022, with no fee to change your booking.If you choose to travel on the same route up to 30th November 2020, we’ll also waive any potential fare differences.
Chief Customer Officer | Virgin Atlantic
I would be happy for VA to keep my money & leave as an open booking -if they were willing to cover potential fare differences.
However; the likelihood of customers travelling up to 30/11 & actually benefitting from this offer must be a very small minority .
Indeed; most November dates were cheaper last time I looked!

Edited at 08:25 PM.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
I would be happy for VA to keep my money & leave as an open booking -if they were willing to cover potential fare differences.
However; the likelihood of customers travelling up to 30/11 & actually benefitting from this offer must be a very small minority .
Indeed; most November dates were cheaper last time I looked!
They probably won’t even be able to offer flights by 30/11...

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Phild
Trying for More Ears

Our October flight was cancelled a couple of months ago via email from Virgin! Still waiting for refund though! Can’t believe yours has not been cancelled yet? Surely you didn’t think flying to USA was going to be still possible in October?
Phild is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List