Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

When the pain of losing a dog is too hard to bear..I am getting tempted.

I have loved and lost dogs all my life, it is beyond heartbreaking. After losing Molly I never thought I would get over it, I had Mertie and Mr. Douglas.

Now I have lost my Mr. Douglas I am finding it just so very hard.
He probably meant more to us that we or anyone ever knew. He was disabled all his life and was a "baby" all his life, he had to be near, on you and everyday he made you laugh, cry and was just a dog the like we will never see again. Now I have Mertie and Nala, but really would like to get another dog.

Now due to Douglas' disabilities we had to do everything for him, it took me 2 years to get him to walk well, he had a pram (well 3) in the end, but he loved to walk, mainly on grass as his displasia was awful on concrete. For the whole seven years, it was like having a baby who needed you all the time, it was so easy too as he was the most loving and wonderful dog in the world (as was Molly), yet he was a real baby.

Our house just isn't the same without him, he was a power force a real one off wonder. Mertie and Nala are gorgeous but they are "dogs". They are sort of independent, dont get me wrong, loving and wonderful but not like him at all.

Now coming to the point, I have had my eye out for a disabled dog for a few months. I want to give another litle less fortunate one a good life like we gave him.

Yesterday I found one, hes 3 has more disabilities than Douglas, is going to cost quite a lot of money but is thankfully insured. He looks gorgeous.

Now my husband is not happy at all, he first said No more dogs and after Douglas he said we could never ever replace such an amazing dog.

Well last night I was norty and made enquiries and today answered all the adoption questions. I know in my heart I can turn my husband round, but everyone is accusing me of not being fair.
Its not my fault honestly, I come from a family of great animal lovers and have that gene right in my heart.

We have been talking but he's still not up for the idea, I have reminded him that he was adamant we were not having another dog when I found Mr. Douglas, and keep reminding him, if I had not gone on, we would have never had the best 7 years of our life, even with my Cancer I would go through it all again just to have him back.

If you haven't reached for the noose yet dibbers, I know I am being unfair... but I feel its time to have another dog, especially one who is in dire need of someone experienced and someone who has the time to love him, like he should be loved.

Am I so wrong ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 04:44 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Can I get round anyone that way...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think only you know the answers whether it is fair or not on your husband. You always seem so very caring towards your dogs. I am sure you will come to the right decision in the end. X
Old 7 Nov 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I understand why you need to and think you should if you can.
But, it really should be a joint decision and you need to convince your hubby that it’s the right one.
I couldn’t do it without his 100% agreement and commitment.
So, good luck!
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hats off to you for wanting to give a disabled dog a loving home...when my beloved Comet (white GSD) went, within 8 weeks we went to look at a litter of puppies...couldn’t decide which one...so got 2! Picked them up at 8/9 weeks...they have been amazing... this was after hubby said no more!

I’m sure your hubby will come around when you meet the dog.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
Hats off to you for wanting to give a disabled dog a loving home...when my beloved Comet (white GSD) went, within 8 weeks we went to look at a litter of puppies...couldn’t decide which one...so got 2! Picked them up at 8/9 weeks...they have been amazing... this was after hubby said no more!

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. I know hubby will come round, bless him, hes put up with me for all these years and I know it would be wonderful for us. I think because he is a lot older than me, he puts his sensible head on and I lead with my heart. I know when I was ill for that year, he was my saviour and I do feel awful that I am putting pressure on him. But, thats me I suppose.

I told my late boy, he couldn't go before the cottages we had booked in Norfolk for this year and next year... you wait till I see him again, we will have words...
Or perhaps I will be just too in love to be angry every again...
Your babies are beautiful. xxx
xx
Old 7 Nov 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It sounds like a dog would be lucky to have you both as their carers. You sound like you have the capacity to give more love to another dog, which I commend you for. Only thing would be is to get your hubby onside so you can both enjoy the experience together. Good luck 🤞
Old 7 Nov 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In every marriage there is compromise.
It’s time to sit down and talk out why in this particular instance your needs are more important than your husband’s surely.
He must have his reasons for not wanting another dog just as you have yours.
It’s a bit like having a baby (without the carrying and Labour) , no one would say it was right for a woman to have another child because her husband wanted one if she didn’t .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post

Lovely pups but please be careful dogs should not be near a car driver, very dangerous.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Lovely pups but please be careful dogs should not be near a car driver, very dangerous.
Thank you for your concern, they are now two and a half... they did travel home safely in a crate. 🙂

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List