Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

Ceramic or Induction Hob?

Our oven packed up this evening, it doesn't owe us anything as it was 19 years old and has never had to be repaired.

We are looking at getting a new double fan oven but are going to replace our gas hob as well. We are thinking of going for electric this time, but not sure whether to go for ceramic or induction. I know you need induction pans for induction hobs.

What would everyone recommend?

Thanks
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Induction for us. We absolutely love ours. We have had bothe Ceramic and Induction (and Gas).

Apparently there can be an issue between induction hobs and pacemakers.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Induction - although you can only use certain pots and pans I find it cleaner than gas and just as controllable (and its damn fast at heating up ! I use my kettle on it rather than an electric autistic one was its quicker (and I like to hear the whistle))
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

I had a gas hob for 17 years but was persuaded to try an induction hob - best thing we ever did. Although you have to have a certain type of pan for induction I did find several of mine worked anyway including my cast iron griddle pan. I love the lock and go and timer function on it. Also find it is very comparable to gas for immediately turning temperature down same as gas so great for sauces etc and at the opposite end the rapid boil function.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Induction for us as well. Had one for 10 years, it replaced a gas hob - I’ve never regretted it. So much easier to clean.
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Induction for me too. Cooks really quickly and really clean. Takes a little while to get used to how quick it cooks and I did need all new pans but now wouldn’t have any other type now.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had our kitchen done 13 years ago and went for an induction hob - against my better instincts - but DH loved it.
They were brand new on the market then.

I would have switched back to a gas hob in a heartbeat

HOWEVER

DH stood on - and cracked - our hob last week (dont ask we are decorating! ) and we ordered the new version of our outgoing hob - its an AEG.

This one is tons better and a joy to use - so even though i love the gas I'm much happier with this one
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We went from gas to an induction hob 5 years ago and we much prefer induction and would never go back to gas.

Edited at 11:11 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Induction for me. Had gas and ceramic but the induction hob I have now is by far the best.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Another induction hob covert here, I don’t think I’d ever choose to go back to gas and normal electric is even worse!