Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 May 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I have twins so going through it two fold! My gin consumption seems to have increased somewhat!

Good luck to all the other students and parents. I keep saying to mine, just do your best whatever that may be. GCSE’s aren’t the be all and end all are they, even though it probably seems like it at the time.
Exactly! I’m sure they only put so much pressure on for the school results .

Good luck to your pair, bless you!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Not GCSEs this yea4 although 8 went through this with my eldest a few years back and we came out the other side... good luck to all your teens.
My youngest is in year 6 and has a week of SATs next week... she has autism , her anxiety is through the roof already
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Not GCSEs this yea4 although 8 went through this with my eldest a few years back and we came out the other side... good luck to all your teens.
My youngest is in year 6 and has a week of SATs next week... she has autism , her anxiety is through the roof already
Bless her, good luck to her, hope she manages her anxiety x

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I’ve got year 6 sats and GCSEs starting on Monday... I’m going to be in a lot of wine next week.

My eldest hasn’t revised enough for GCSEs so I’ve decided he’s old enough and come August he can’t turn back time if it goes belly up. Although his mocks have come out ok with lack of revision. His only weak area is English and he’s been having a tutor for a few weeks now so has no option but to keep doing practice papers

The youngest is a perfectionist and has already made himself ill doing all the practice sats, he’s getting almost full marks in them so I’ve told him he can chill as he will do excellent and I wouldn’t know if anyone that got all the questions right and that he will do amazingly anyway.

Roll on 14 June when it’s all over
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

My daughter starts on Monday as she is doing RE. She had her Spanish speaking last week and was extremely pleased with the way it went.

She seems to be quite relaxed at the minute, things might change come Sunday night
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve got twins doing exactly the same subjects so potential for lots of rivalry but luckily they are seeing it as an opportunity to have a built in revision buddy.
They are fairly calm but I’m panicking as art coursework and exam prep has taken up so much time. We blasted it over the weekend though so it’s now all done, 10 hour art exam was last week so now to focus totally on other subjects.

They have 23 exams each starting next Monday and finishing on the 14th June.

I’m between jobs at the moment, though I am doing supply work and seem to have been nominated as revision organiser. Found lots of good resources and keep trying to keep them on track.
I’m doing lots of baking to provide snacks, stops me stressing too much!
Good luck to all the teens and parents, I’ll be so glad when it’s over!
Old 7 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

DD has French speaking tomorrow and has already done the performance parts of Music and Dance. She is not at all stressed, which I am pleased about in some respects as a lot of her friends (and their parents!) are putting themselves under unbearable pressure, but I do think a bit of adrenaline stress can help sometimes. She has done her revision and will do her best, which is all anybody can ask for. I will be glad when it is all over. She is my youngest, so I'll never have to go through it again.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My son has hardly done any either aside from after school and I am sick of nagging so now it’s down to him . He did fairly well in mocks without revision so feels he will be fine which was the exact thing I didn’t want to happen.
Old 7 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

We discovered Mathsgenie website today and they do predicted papers for Maths - higher and foundation if it is of any use to anyone. My daughter is working through the revision guides on the website as well and found them very helpful.

Her reward for doing the best she can in these GCSEs is a trip to Miami on the 16th June

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07

Edited at 10:22 PM.
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
My daughter had her 10 hour art exam last week spread over two days so that is that subject finished!

The other 20 exams start next week and she finishes on 14th June

She is not very academic but has spent a lot of hours revising so whatever results she gets I won’t be able to say she hasn’t tried

Quite a stressed household here at the moment
My poor DD had to sit one part of art on her own as she had a big Cricket match,

OP i’m Fine thanks for asking lol DD is fine, little and often is our plan and ever extra lesson school offer