Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 May 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Aquatica have cubby holes at the entrance to each ride where you leave your shoes.

Disney make you take off for the large drop slides but others are fine
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

They are a necessity, I always buy cheap ones that only just last for the duration of the holiday, they then get thrown away and you have a bit more room in your case for the way back
Old 2 May 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Here at the moment and was looking at water shoes for adults and children in Walmart yesterday. They start at $4:98 for adults and looked fine. I was looking for our daughter and her children for next year and will advise her to get from there. Plenty of choices and colours.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I was planning to take flip flops and leaving them at the ride entrances, would that be ok?
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
You can't wear them on the bigger rides. I 100% had to take them off and hold them on Summit Plummit. The smaller slides are fine.
I stand corrected - none of us were brave enough to do Summit Plummit!

I saw an advert on the telly last night that "Lidl in the Middle" are stocking adult water shoes this week in case that is of use to anyone.

As for leaving shoes at ride entrances I can't say that I've seen anyone else do that. Plus there is sometimes quite a walk from the entrance to the actual ride so you might find you still want to be wearing them.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
I stand corrected - none of us were brave enough to do Summit Plummit!

I saw an advert on the telly last night that "Lidl in the Middle" are stocking adult water shoes this week in case that is of use to anyone.

As for leaving shoes at ride entrances I can't say that I've seen anyone else do that. Plus there is sometimes quite a walk from the entrance to the actual ride so you might find you still want to be wearing them.
Looks like I’ll be popping to Lidl this weekend!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat22 View Post
I was planning to take flip flops and leaving them at the ride entrances, would that be ok?
Yes thats fine at Aquatica. Can't comment on the other water parks as only been to Aquatica this time.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

according to undercover tourist, you can wear flip flops, water shoes and sandals on some rides at volcano bay, and for the rides where you can’t, there is storage for shoes. Going to stick with the flip flops I think.

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Old 7 May 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I got 2 Pairs for £13 in Sports Direct the other day, depending on size they also have 2 for £9

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've had the super cheap ones from Walmart. They were great for the water parks