Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by New dib View Post
We are going to vegas in just over two weeks with virgin 1st time staying 3 nights then flying into Dallas stopover then onto Orlando. No direct flight to orlando. Can't wait sure the flight wont be that bad just time difference will make it a very long day. Got to be up at four to get to Manchester.
The flight is obviously longer than Orlando, but think you just have to get that in your mind and accept it. I like Vegas airport and dont find it as busy as MCO but might be just lucky in that we arrive at a quiet time. Hope you have an amazing time
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by New dib View Post
Is the airport at vegas as busy as mco? It took us 2.5 hours last year to get through immigration. Glad we miss that this year flying with AA from vegsas.
Can be... We've been through immigration in 20 mins other times the hall has been rammed and its taken 90 mins , just depends how many planes land at the same time and how many desk they have open.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
uhohima
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

After 26 hours of flying for NZ, Vegas felt like a trip down the road, it's not too bad really 🙂
uhohima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by uhohima View Post
After 26 hours of flying for NZ, Vegas felt like a trip down the road, it's not too bad really 🙂
Now that would be a struggle for me😀
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
The flight is obviously longer than Orlando, but think you just have to get that in your mind and accept it. I like Vegas airport and dont find it as busy as MCO but might be just lucky in that we arrive at a quiet time. Hope you have an amazing time
Thanks we can't wait, glad airport is better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Can be... We've been through immigration in 20 mins other times the hall has been rammed and its taken 90 mins , just depends how many planes land at the same time and how many desk they have open.
Thanks for that cant wait.
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I remember the last time you went Dozy and that was just about 5 days at Luxor? So you know what to expect when you get there at least. In the grand scheme of things travelling to Vegas from Dublin via JFK like you did last time or via LGW I dont think will make a great deal of difference. How did you find it last time? Dont think an extra hour from Orlando will make that much difference if I am honest. Where are you staying this time if you go?

i enjoyed the jfk last time... second flight was sh**e - like a ryanair flight

so thought that this is more comfortable

always wanted to try virgin
the other bit that goes against us is clearing immigration in ireland - we will miss that part

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We've treated ourselves to Premium Economy seats on our outbound Virgin flight, so comfort shouldn't be an issue. Our main concern isn't the 10 hr flight to Vegas from Manchester, it's the fact that when we arrive there, our bodies will be telling us its 10pm & time for bed, and yet it'll be 2pm in the afternoon their time, so got to work on the best way to keep going 'til at least 7pm to ensure we're not waking up at stupid o'clock in the morning. Any tips gratefully accepted!
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've done DUB - LGW - LAS with Aer Lingus/Virgin

Flight was fine. Didn't feel like 10 hours tbh. A couple of movies, some TV shows, a few drinks and a little snooze. No problem at all

We came back via Manchester. The 90 minutes there was tough but the last flight was 30 minutes
Old 11 Jul 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Edinburgh- Newark-Vegas so indirect. The United flight from Newark to vegas was pretty awful as such poor service. Honestly if I was to do it again I would go direct and get it over with.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List