Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 13, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Macmac View Post
Yea it does make sense, and although at first glance I find the story distasteful, I think the benefit of the income to the disabled individual is probably greater than the time savings to the person paying.
Disabled people get GAC's because they are disabled, which means that endless days in parks to accommodate the able bodied could be very detrimental to their health? What's the gain when it may make you ill for weeks afterwards. Not worth it in my view?

The able bodied doing this have no care for that disabled person and that in itself is heinous.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I thought you could book the VIP Tour where Disney tour guides (cast members) take you around on a private tour and you get to the front of line and best seats in shows, why would they not do that?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Macmac View Post
Money gives you options.

I'm sure the guide appreciated the income.
I agree with this.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Money isn't everything in life, I would quite happily swap my disability for less money, in a heartbeat.
Old 14 May 13, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

If I had been in court and it had been my child I honestly couldn't have stopped myself from climbing over the seats to get to him

Oops wrong thread

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Old 14 May 13, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm disgraced at both. I bet the "moms" would not want any of their family members to actually have a disability. As for the disabled person why abuse something that helps many just for some money and free holiday
Old 14 May 13, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Edam1975
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mainecoon lover View Post
I'm disgraced at both. I bet the "moms" would not want any of their family members to actually have a disability. As for the disabled person why abuse something that helps many just for some money and free holiday
100% agree with you.

1986 - Howard Johnsons / 1989 - Quality Inn / 1994 - All Star Sports / 2005 - Tuscan Hills / 2011 - Cumbrian Lakes / 2012 - Lindfields / 2014 - Formosa Gardens / 2014 - Emerald Island / 2016 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2018 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2022 - Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, LA, Disneyland (Grand Californian), San Diego / 2023 - Grand Floridian, Anna Maria Island, RPR
Edam1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cpt Underpants
Apprentice Imagineer

I feel this story is less the about money and more about ethics, from both parties. Shame on you both IMO.
Old 14 May 13, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure i believe anything in an article that states its a small world has a 2 and a half hour wait!
Old 14 May 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

rich american kids are for the most part amongst some of the rudest people people I have ever come across and I work for a union ()

and is it any wonder?! with parents that dont demonstrate any restraint either on a personal or financial level, dont encourage the value of patience or money and who think people with disabilities are there to be used in this way.

what a thing to be proud of... strange strange people

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread