Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 13, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

6 trips to Florida and they've always clapped. It's a good feeling and a sense of relief
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Last week when we landed at JFK in New York about half the plane clapped and I have no idea why, it wasn't a rough flight or landing at all!
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
This clapping on landing drives me mad! Are people applauding because they didn't expect to land? Madness
I would imagine it is a relief to some people who are not good flyers to be on solid ground again and that's why they do it? Like an automatic reaction? I'm not a particularly good flyer but reckon mine would be more from excitement
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We've experienced this on rights to Sanford,Orlando and European destinations also.

I think cheering should begin once you've cleared customs!

I actually thought this thread was going to discuss clapping at the movies- which we had never experienced until Florida.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
We've experienced this on rights to Sanford,Orlando and European destinations also.

I think cheering should begin once you've cleared customs!

I actually thought this thread was going to discuss clapping at the movies- which we had never experienced until Florida.
Haha! Yes us too when we went to see Brave in DTD last year we are Scottish and loved the film so we just joined in! When we were walking out a wee American girl pointed to my
DD and said to her mum, 'Mommy, that girl sounds JUST like Merida!'. Was v. cute
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Erised
Excited about Disney

Quite a few people on our plane clapped as we landed. Don't understand it myself, never have done it and never will do it. Feels a bit silly really ... do you start clapping when the bus driver drops you off at your stops too? =/
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Erised View Post
Quite a few people on our plane clapped as we landed. Don't understand it myself, never have done it and never will do it. Feels a bit silly really ... do you start clapping when the bus driver drops you off at your stops too? =/
If I was as excited about stepping
off the bus as I would be stepping off the plane in Orlando, then yes, probably!
Old 4 Jul 13, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've experienced this on flights, including Florida. Wouldn't do it myself but it doesn't bother me when others do it.

I did clap like a lunatic yesterday when Andy Murray won his match!
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

No I don't clap, but usually others do - certainly on flights to Florida anyway
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cairacf View Post
When your plane touches down in Florida? I am sooooo excited for our trip next July that I think I will be jumping up and down screaming! I think our whole plane clapped last year. Is it the norm?
Was your flight from Glasgow? Every time we have gone on holiday from Glasgow when the plane lands everyone clapped I've never been on a flight from anywhere else where this happens.