General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 10 Mar 14, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
The hairstyles and face paint is nicer but it seems hugely more expensive than WDW.

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The hair styles are much prettier.
Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
Your girls look gorgeous...before and after their makeover
Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
I agree. Much nicer. Great report. Sure it will help a lot of Dibbers. Your girls look lovely. X
Originally Posted by Fieryannie View Post
They look fab, hair is amazing... What a lovely experience

xxx
Originally Posted by grenden View Post
Wow, love the hairstyles! Looks like your girls had a great time. Can't believe some packages are £1000!
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Lovely. Thanks for sharing. I definitely think the hair and make up is nicer and your girls look fabulous x
Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
I do love the hair , think it looks more like the princesses Hair , beautiful thanks for sharing x
Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Awww beautiful! Love the face paint and hair styles xxx
Thank you for the lovely comments everyone
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 14, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
The hairstyles and face paint is nicer but it seems hugely more expensive than WDW.

Di x
Thanks Di

It is a lot more expensive than WDW but I do think it feels more 'special' because there are less 'princesses' having their makeovers at the same time, and so more personal because it's less of a production line

As I said, we were in there longer and it is more of an 'experience' because of the process and the extra bits included before and after (such as the video in the magic mirror)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 14, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Huge thanks for this report, thinking of taking our girls to BBB next time we visit Harrods Santa.

Agreed, the hairstyles look great, much better then the slicked back bob style hair we kept seeing at WDW. Not sure if it's just me but whenever I saw girls with those hairstyles and dressed up like princesses, it reminded me of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow! The hairdos are just gorgeous (pretty girls, too!) - and SO much more age appropriate than what you see in FL. It was obvious that the FGITs took more time with the 'styles. I hope you took the girls somewhere to show them off afterward (though maybe not, after just dropping £200!)...

I have to confess that a good many of the BBB makeovers at Disney give me the heebie-jeebies...too much like those Honey Boo Boo girls.

Thanks for posting this. I read about the Harrod's BBB in the Telegraph and was curious...but I have no daughters, only a muddy-all-the-time (but still lovely) son!

April
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ObiWanSanders View Post
Huge thanks for this report, thinking of taking our girls to BBB next time we visit Harrods Santa.

Agreed, the hairstyles look great, much better then the slicked back bob style hair we kept seeing at WDW. Not sure if it's just me but whenever I saw girls with those hairstyles and dressed up like princesses, it reminded me of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding
Thanks for reading and for the comments. I agree, not a fan of the slicked back bun at BBB in Florida at all

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Wow! The hairdos are just gorgeous (pretty girls, too!) - and SO much more age appropriate than what you see in FL. It was obvious that the FGITs took more time with the 'styles. I hope you took the girls somewhere to show them off afterward (though maybe not, after just dropping £200!)...

I have to confess that a good many of the BBB makeovers at Disney give me the heebie-jeebies...too much like those Honey Boo Boo girls.

Thanks for posting this. I read about the Harrod's BBB in the Telegraph and was curious...but I have no daughters, only a muddy-all-the-time (but still lovely) son!

April
Thanks, April for your lovely comments. As our reservation was in the early afternoon we only managed a bit of a potter around some shops in London and then a meal before we had to come home, but the girls got a lot of attention from the shop / restaurant staff and a few passers-by which they loved They had a birthday party the following day and the hair pretty much lasted but the face paint was all smudged the following morning so had to come off :/ If I could do it over again I would probably choose an early appointment so they get to wear it for longer, and if there's a party or special event to show it off afterwards, it would feel even more 'worth it'

My sister is taking my niece to BBB for her birthday this weekend, the girls and I are a little bit jealous
Old 19 Apr 14, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
they both look beautiful & I personally think the hairstyles are much better than the Florida ones
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 14, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Wow, I think the hairstyles & make up is much nicer than WDW your girls look really pretty & I love the t-shirts & tutu's. Glad they enjoyed the experience.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List