Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 7 May 14, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 'OHANA View Post
I've been going since I was 16/17 so must be 1991-ish was my first one. Absolutely love them, best band live! See you there
Totally agree. I worked with a guy who got me into them on the 1991 Census, so think that would have been the first time I saw them too, missed a few and obviously their break. Star sailor supporting apparently, so should be great. We get in for the soundcheck, normally I'm at the bar until the last gasp! Lol.
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
It was definitely more than drink I think unfortunately!

The sound on this video is pretty rubbish but even on this you can see him acting very 'odd'

youtube/watch?v=Ec3W8aunRaQ
I definitely don't think it's drugs, Tim Booth had some ill health, so adopted a hollistic lifestyle. Him and Saul Davies, really just jump about mental for the whole gig, so could just be that. I guess only they know best.
Old 7 May 14, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Team Jeans View Post
Totally agree. I worked with a guy who got me into them on the 1991 Census, so think that would have been the first time I saw them too, missed a few and obviously their break. Star sailor supporting apparently, so should be great. We get in for the soundcheck, normally I'm at the bar until the last gasp! Lol.

I definitely don't think it's drugs, Tim Booth had some ill health, so adopted a hollistic lifestyle. Him and Saul Davies, really just jump about mental for the whole gig, so could just be that. I guess only they know best.
Yeah just watched the video... that's just Tim doing what he does best, it's not drugs, it's his signature move! If you were to YouTube every gig, you would see him do the same thing at every one!

Gutted not to get VIP tickets and get in for sound check... but means I WILL be in the bar till last possible minute we waited on them backstage at one of the Barrowlands gigs years ago and he wrote 'Get laid' on my long sleeved James top. Still got it... it's mingin' now haha! Just about to book hotel so there's no mad dash for the train home. God bless Saturday night gigs!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 14, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've got tickets to gee them at castlefields in Manchester on 11th July, bought them a couple of months ago.
Last gig I saw them at I was pregnant and with a non James fan so didn't really get into it but can't wait to bounce about at this one!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 14, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post
I've got tickets to gee them at castlefields in Manchester on 11th July, bought them a couple of months ago.
Last gig I saw them at I was pregnant and with a non James fan so didn't really get into it but can't wait to bounce about at this one!
You'll definitely enjoy this one then.
Old 7 May 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Seen them at the Barrowlands in 1990/91, fab fab fab.
Old 8 May 14, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
I'm going to try and get tickets tomorrow for Leeds arena.
Their new video for "moving on" is absolutely brilliant.
I'm due to give birth (c-section) in October so hopefully I'll be well enough for the end of November!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 14, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread