Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Recommend a new Sewing machine please

Hi there

DD has the following machine which she has had for a few years now since starting college. She is a textile student at uni plus currently making a lot of face masks for friends.

hobbycraft/janome-...s&pwaPageNum=1

She is finding the above machine is gathering material and the stitching isn’t great & wants to upgrade. Do you have any recommendations for a £300-500 machine which will be good enough to last her a lot of years. She would love an industrial machine but there isn’t the space for it. I think the machine will continue to be used in her career after uni, depending on what she does.

She saw this machine, is it any good?

hobbycraft/singer-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for looking
fluff48 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Just asked my Mum as she has been sewing for the best part of 40 years and has had a range of sewing machines. She recommend trying cut-price-outlet on eBay. They are the clearance part of create and craft, Mum has just the Brother FS180qc machine (I believe she paid £250) and it came as absolutely brand new with all packing tape intact as it would if you'd bought it brand new. It is fairly lightweight but with a good range of stitches and extension table (it attaches to the machine and just stands on your table but means if making something larger there is somewhere to rest the material) and quilting hoop.

If you want any more advice or have any questions, please PM me and she would be happy to help you
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Hi,

Just asked my Mum as she has been sewing for the best part of 40 years and has had a range of sewing machines. She recommend trying cut-price-outlet on eBay. They are the clearance part of create and craft, Mum has just the Brother FS180qc machine (I believe she paid £250) and it came as absolutely brand new with all packing tape intact as it would if you'd bought it brand new. It is fairly lightweight but with a good range of stitches and extension table (it attaches to the machine and just stands on your table but means if making something larger there is somewhere to rest the material) and quilting hoop.

If you want any more advice or have any questions, please PM me and she would be happy to help you
Thank you so much, I will let her have a look at this. I know nothing about sewing machines so thanks for the offer. Say thanks to your mum please too
fluff48 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List