Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

Thanks for your help, really glad to hear that most of motiongate is inside. Going to shop around a bit, thanks again
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jomarise View Post
Thanks for your help, really glad to hear that most of motiongate is inside. Going to shop around a bit, thanks again
Emirates holidays a good place to start and Best of Dubai.
I usually book direct but for your first trip I’d suggest one of the above
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Hi

We're booked for 10 nights going on the 5th April and will be staying at Atlantis in an Imperial Club room. We're a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children - ages 13 & 7). We haven't been to Dubai before and want to experience/see a few things but also want to enjoy the hotel/waterpark etc. Looking for advice on the following:

- Atlantis; imperial club access, waterpark - can you reserve beds etc, half-board option which we have included - do you still have to reserve a table if you have this option, how long it takes to get from the hotel to the malls/burj etc

- Hop on/off buses; would you recommend as a way to get around/see places or stick to taxis?

- Burj Khalifa; what day/time is best to go?

- Safari trip; says you get picked up around 3pm, any info would be helpful

- Any other tips/help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi

We're booked for 10 nights going on the 5th April and will be staying at Atlantis in an Imperial Club room. We're a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children - ages 13 & 7). We haven't been to Dubai before and want to experience/see a few things but also want to enjoy the hotel/waterpark etc. Looking for advice on the following:

- Atlantis; imperial club access, waterpark - can you reserve beds etc, half-board option which we have included - do you still have to reserve a table if you have this option, how long it takes to get from the hotel to the malls/burj etc

- Hop on/off buses; would you recommend as a way to get around/see places or stick to taxis?

Many thanks
You have picked a really good time to go, April and October are my favourite months. Weather is perfect - gorgeous sunshine without the intense heat of the summer. Maybe the odd sandstorm but nothing too bad
I have stayed at Atlantis in imperial club a couple of times at Easter and it’s really busy so good idea to be prepared. It’s around 7 years since I stayed there at Easter as we now stay elsewhere but I’ll try and help although things may have changed. When I went there was no separate pool for Imperial guests and if you wanted good beds you had to get down yourself before breakfast to secure. This may have changed as it was an issue. I think there maybe a private beach section but can’t remember!
The hotel is situated on the palm and it takes around 20 min to get to the Dubai Mall and maybe 15 to Mall of the Emirates. There are lots of other smaller malls about but they are the main two. Taxis are really cheap and readily available. They will be queued up outside your hotel and the malls.
Burj Khalifa is right ourside the Dubai Mall so it makes sense to do them on the same day. I think early evening is the best time to do BK - sometimes there will be a lot of heat haze in the morning which will restrict visibility so best to avoid.
Half board is a great idea but as it’s Easter it may be an idea to book any restaurants you really want to try in advance. Always check if there is a supplement and you are happy to pay it before you go. Some of the higher end restaurants let you use your HB allowance but want a supplement which can be quite high. When making your bookings make sure they don’t clash with happy hour in the club room! Happy hour is 5-7pm and you don’t want to miss that! A few drinks in there before you go out will save a fortune as alcohol is expensive. Don’t forget afternoon tea either - good way of saving money on lunch and the afternoon tea offerings are extensive and include soft drinks.
Finally, look at the group on type sites for any discounts on trips or activities- there are loads
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

We stayed ten nights in 2018 in summer and have booked ten nights for July this year. We absolutely loved it. As it was so hot we actually hung around the hotel mainly so I’ll give you as much info as I can remember. We also had an imperial club room - basically it’s a regular room but you get club access. Last time there was two club rooms they’ve built a big new one now so only one. When you arrive at the airport you you should get free transfers in their car. There is stipulations so check that out. On arrival with emirates ( as we booked with them ) someone was there to meet us and show us the Atlantis desk. We then gave our name and a driver then took us to our car. On arrival you will be taken to the imperial club to check in. We were on an overnight flight and although check in not till later we were allowed breakfast then taken to our room.

Imperial club gives you breakfast and afternoon tea plus cocktails and snacks at night
- afternoon tea was hot scones with jam and cream and delicious sandwiches. Evening was lots of Doritos type snacks if I remember. We didn’t actually go as we were always in the pool or waterpark at that time. All day you can go and get juices snacks in the imperial club . If it got too hot we’d pop along and get a Diet Coke / juice etc. As you are half board don’t worry about lunch as afternoon tea will be it
You also get breakfast and dinner in buffet restaurants however there can be queues so during the day / morning you just phone from your room and book your time at the buffet. When you arrive you will be take quicker and it’s no hassle to do it. We thought food was varied and plentiful and the kids will love the kids part and desserts. You can also use some other ones as part of half board our favourite was stage edge Italian at the pool but it closes at 6. Pools open till about 8/9 and the hotel all lit up its dark and hot amazing
You also get kids club
- my son loved it , when it got too hot in afternoon he asked to go there 2-4/5 and then daughter would prefer to go watch Netflix in the aircin for a while. Hubby would go to the fantastic gym and me - well you’d find me still at the pool lol ! The water park is fantastic and I preferred it over any Florida one. We when to the pool all day ( with our breaks ) and then around 4 we went to water park as it was quieter and cooler. There is the little buggies that run all day next to the pool and take you to the waterpark - you just stand and wait one comes along and you jump on it’s fab . We didn’t use beds at waterpark as we went and just went on rides for that two hrs. We used a locker for our things. I have read that beds on the beach at the waterpark are a good idea ?

There is a free transfer to the shopping mall with Atlantis - there’s a schedule up. If you use a taxi always use the cream ones with coloured roof. That’s the official taxi and very cheap. When you walk out of the Atlantis or shopping mall you will often be pointed to the black private cars - they are very expensive so say no and go the the city taxis which were fab and drivers always chatty.

Burj is at the Dubai mall which you will need to arrange your own transfer as hotel dont take you there. We just spent the afternoon shopping and prebooked tickets at the burj desk in the mall although I think of you book online it’s cheaper ? Don’t miss the burj light show.
There is a bath and body works and a sale was on when we were there. It’s the same plugs as ours so I stocked up on their plug in air freshness

With regards to things to do. July was hot so very much a pool holiday as I say with shopping at the malls. If like to do Abu Dhabi trip / indoor skydive this year - so much to do there it’s unreal !

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi

Many thanks

Edited at 01:43 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you need I injectionsns for Dubai?
Do you need a visa before travel or it it done on arrival?
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Do you need I injectionsns for Dubai?
Do you need a visa before travel or it it done on arrival?
No and no
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Any good for first visit (during Ramadan when we could go end May). From hotdeals website:

7 Nights at the 4* Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Hotel + Return BA Flights from London (Including Checked baggage) £425p/p (£850 total) @ BA
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Any good for first visit (during Ramadan when we could go end May). From hotdeals website:

7 Nights at the 4* Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Hotel + Return BA Flights from London (Including Checked baggage) £425p/p (£850 total) @ BA
Can’t comment on price but personally I don’t like that area. It’s ok for a city/sightseeing trip but personally I think it much nicer around the beach/marina/palm areas
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for your reply and help, that's great.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List