Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I had a boy and then a girl 3.5 years between them so would never of dressed them the same but my niece has 2 boys 2 years between them and every outfit they are dressed the same, her choice but for me a real no no as they are very different personalities.
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Oh, I LOVED having my boys in matching clothes when they were were younger! And it never changed their personalities... they were, and still are SO different. They didn’t act the same just because they were wearing the same clothes... Was so easy when out and about to just look up and count, not need to wonder what they each were wearing! We’ve got gorgeous photos of them both looking the same, and wearing different clothes... they’re gorgeous regardless of what they’re wearing !

In answer to the OP, I was an absolute bargain hunter, and rarely bought anything full price... I have been known to buy 3 of each item to ensure continuity But, as they got older, they weren’t much different in size (only 17months apart).

It would never happen now though! Teenagers who can barely breath the same air, let alone dress the same! One wears shorts and tee shirts all year round, the other snuggles up in warm joggers and hoodies
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
Less than two years between my two girls. I don't dress them the same. They are different people, different styles suit them. Personally I'm not a fan of kids wearing matching clothes.
This (mind I only have one child, but even if I had more I wouldn't not even if they were twins)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sue for ours everybody had jeans some sort of white top and that was it we had an assortment of jean styles and blue washes white shirts T-shirt’s jumpers and long tunic type tops looks great but the best holiday pics non of us match or care it’s what you are comfy cool in
Yes we have an informal professional picture too when all the men and boys are in jeans.i cannot have my picture taken in jeans, I have neither the backside nor thighs for it!
Really need to get another organised now as youngest granddaughter not in either.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I used do it with my youngest 2 ds, oldest used complain he was being dressed like a baby, and I felt youngest never grew out of said outfits because he wore them for years
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue
We will need to get a new one done when the new grand baby arrives
Go to Walmart and buy Terra Sky Jeans DIL 1/3 and I live in them amazing fit and styles to suit all and a generous fit where needed
DILs love the tops but I’m not well enough endowed her smallest size fits us all and so comfy as her shorts etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sue
We will need to get a new one done when the new grand baby arrives
Go to Walmart and buy Terra Sky Jeans DIL 1/3 and I live in them amazing fit and styles to suit all and a generous fit where needed
DILs love the tops but I’m not well enough endowed her smallest size fits us all and so comfy as her shorts etc
Oooh new baby how exciting when?
I do have jeans I just don't like how I look in them. 😂
Certainly don't wear shorts.😱

Edited at 11:43 PM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have four girls. The age difference between the first two is 22 months. Then there was a 36 month gap. The age difference between the second two is also 22 months.

My eldest is almost 13 and my youngest was 6 in December.

They have had matching PJs for Xmas (and some Disney holidays) for many years. In fact for the last two years it has been my oldest who has encouraged it.

They also have had some
matching t shirts, “Sisters”, “Superkid” etc. Not to mention the matching football kits and dance costumes.

When the oldest two were younger they did have matching outfits. Ditto for the younger two.

It’s not changed any of their personalities. They all (well the older three) have their own style (#4 is still a bit too young to be bothered either way) and those styles are very different. Maybe so different because they wore matching clothes all those years ago and for every xmas eve! But, it’s doesn't seem to have bothered them - they are the first ones to get the Xmas eve photos out of the boxes when the decorations come down.

I do love a matching clothes photo, it has to be said

Oh, just to add. When we got married 15 years ago this year, our nephews turned up in matching shirt, trousers and ties. Cute. Except they were 15 & 17 at the time 😬😬😬 it turns out they didn’t shop for their clothes with their mum when she asked them to, so this was her pay back! Photos are brilliant!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
We have four girls. The age difference between the first two is 22 months. Then there was a 36 month gap. The age difference between the second two is also 22 months.

My eldest is almost 13 and my youngest was 6 in December.

They have had matching PJs for Xmas (and some Disney holidays) for many years. In fact for the last two years it has been my oldest who has encouraged it.

They also have had some
matching t shirts, “Sisters”, “Superkid” etc. Not to mention the matching football kits and dance costumes.

When the oldest two were younger they did have matching outfits. Ditto for the younger two.

It’s not changed any of their personalities. They all (well the older three) have their own style (#4 is still a bit too young to be bothered either way) and those styles are very different. Maybe so different because they wore matching clothes all those years ago and for every xmas eve! But, it’s doesn't seem to have bothered them - they are the first ones to get the Xmas eve photos out of the boxes when the decorations come down.

I do love a matching clothes photo, it has to be said

Oh, just to add. When we got married 15 years ago this year, our nephews turned up in matching shirt, trousers and ties. Cute. Except they were 15 & 17 at the time 😬😬😬 it turns out they didn’t shop for their clothes with their mum when she asked them to, so this was her pay back! Photos are brilliant!
Kids are already up and dress. They only have a handful of long sleeve tops that match, cos eldest had grown out but littlest hadn’t so she got clothes for Christmas and they have chosen to match.

I also asked my husband the question. He didn’t seems to have an opinion at all on what the kids wear.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You’d buy new clothes just for photos ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List