Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 21, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Don't like the gym so my wife and daughter bought me a hybrid bike for my birthday at the end of July.
Have been out most days doing a variation of 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 hour rides.
On the first stone I would burn of nearly 1000 calories per ride but as the stones went this decreased to less than half for the same effort

My wife measured my chest, waist and hips and I weighed myself at the start and each month would chart the new figures.
I also weighed myself daily and wrote done my weekly figures which seem to be a regular 1.5kg
After the first month I filled a bucket with 6.35 litres of water ( 1 litre of water =1kg) the same weight as I had lost and it was amazing to think that's what I had lost . Now am at 3 bucket fulls. Tbh I had trouble lifting it nevermind carrying it around every day

I stopped eating sugar and bread. I also increased my water intake and drank half I pint of water before my main meals to partially fill me up.
I also read that if you don't drink enough water your brain becomes dehydrated and you believe you are hungry leading to unessesary eating. So take onboard more fluids
Stopped snacking between meals.

I think the true test once I hit my goal is not putting it back on and keeping to my cycling

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply - I missed it a few months ago - appreciate you sharing it all. Amazing weight loss and an inspiration too. I need a new lockdown focus and this really would help add a kick up the back side to doing something .

Keep enjoying your cycling

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List