Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

We give mine Applause, as its low carb for my bengal. Both my cats have sensitive stomachs and have no issues with this brand. We also give gourmet gold pate once a day, as my bengal only likes this type.

Yes very spoilt 🤣
Old 11 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I've just started my 2 on Raaw. Mixing it with Whiskas at the moment (half and half) they seem to enjoy it. Was looking for a good healthy cat food at a reasonable price. It costs 55p per pack, £8 for p&p but it arrives frozen in an insulated box, you defrost it in the fridge. They don't wolf it down, but the bowls are always empty by next meal time.
Vet mentioned George looked to have a food allergy as his lips were quite pink, I'd noticed this but didn't think anything of it, he was on Gourmet and Purina One. Now he's on Raaw mixed with Whiskas pouches and iams dry food. He seems much happier in himself and Evie seems to be eating more sensibly, she used to eat most of her food then sit next to George ready to jump in and eat his food the second he took a break.

Raaw were doing a 21 day challenge where you just pay postage and get 21 day supply to try.
My experience hasn't been flawless, I received some near date packs in my first proper order. When I complained they sent a replacement order free of charge, but some packs were still very near date. I have complained again and they have apologised and asked me to contact when I have 7 days supply left so they can replace my order again and have promised to check and remove all near dated food. I think they are a relatively new company and they are trying to resolve my problems, so I'm going to give them a last chance to fix this.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I've now got my cat on Morrisons grain free pouches. I don't feed him dry food anymore as it was giving him UTI's. Since switching to wet food only, he's been free of them.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Always Felix As Good As It Looks plus some Whiskas biscuits for my two. They really aren't fussy at all.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Royal Canin Sensible 33. My two cats (F9, M8) had a serious poop problem during the first lockdown and after an antibiotic injection from the vets didn’t clear things up, we switched from Aldi’s own brand dried food to “the good stuff”! Their poop is firm and smells significantly better 😂 but both cats have gained a bit of weight, I imagine the vet won’t be entirely pleased!
That’s why we put mine on this, they were on adult royal canin then we switched to the Kirkland stuff as someone said it had a better meat content than most expensive foods but after a while my female was having tummy issues and even had a few carpet accidents. We switched to the sensible and they have been perfect ever since!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Whiskers, Felix and the like all contain roughly 4% meat. They have to add in vitamins etc to make it passable as food for cats.
Cats are oblique carnivores and need meat to thrive.
The applaws i think is around 90% meat which is probably why she likes it.
There are cheaper alternatives but still with high meat content if you buy in bulk.
Have a look on zoo plus.

I raw feed my cat but I know that’s doesn’t work for everyone.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Ours grazes on Iams senior throughout the day and has one pouch of Sheba in gravy around 5pm, he seems to know the time and demands it like clockwork.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List