Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by akmcf View Post
I had a hip replacement in March a few years ago, when I was 48, and we went to Florida in June the same year - I did ALL the rides with no problems . Although in Universal & IOA I did set off the metal detectors as you enter the queue (but not at the airports funnily enough )
Hehe, setting off metal detectors! I had my surgery done abroad and I did set the detector when off flying back!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
All being well my Wife is having her right hip done Thursday week - after 2 cancelled ops!

She is adamant she will be on Space Mountain in May 😄

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Spottywotty
VIP Dibber

Had my first total hip replacement at 41, not to bad no pain didn’t stop me from doing the things I love including Disney, fast forward 12 years later had my second total hip replacement best thing ever, technologically has come so far in those few years, I was back in work at 12 weeks never felt so good, fell down the stairs on Jan 6th my own fault slipped only thing I hurt was my arm😂 my hips were fine
Spottywotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Our son had a hip replacement three and a half years ago, age 29. It was due to an accident and not any underlying medical issues.
He was understandably very nervous at first but did his physio exercises thoroughly. You would never know he had it done now. He came with us on a US road trip five months after his op, and we hiked, biked and did everything as normal.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Had mine done under epidural, I could hear everything that was being done including the electric saw etc, so weird.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Our son had a hip replacement three and a half years ago, age 29. It was due to an accident and not any underlying medical issues.
He was understandably very nervous at first but did his physio exercises thoroughly. You would never know he had it done now. He came with us on a US road trip five months after his op, and we hiked, biked and did everything as normal.
Oh sorry to hear about the accident but glad he is Ok now
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
All being well my Wife is having her right hip done Thursday week - after 2 cancelled ops!

Keep her indoors and squirt first defence up her nose daily, she doesn't want to pick up this poxy virus!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Good luck for her op!

Originally Posted by Spottywotty View Post
Had my first total hip replacement at 41, not to bad no pain didn’t stop me from doing the things I love including Disney, fast forward 12 years later had my second total hip replacement best thing ever, technologically has come so far in those few years, I was back in work at 12 weeks never felt so good, fell down the stairs on Jan 6th my own fault slipped only thing I hurt was my arm😂 my hips were fine
Yes, I agree. The tech is amazing!
It's a medical miracle this operation it really is. I feel blessed that I have been effectively cured of what 50 years ago would have been very different

Originally Posted by tim17 View Post
Had mine done under epidural, I could hear everything that was being done including the electric saw etc, so weird.
Oh wow!
I had epidural - but was nicely sedated so was totally and blissfully unaware!
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oh sorry to hear about the accident but glad he is Ok now
It was horrible at the time, as he had no time to prepare mentally, it was done within 24 hours as an emergency. A lot more to the back story but that was the end result.
It's all good now though 😀
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Heluvsme
Dancing with Tink'

My husband had this surgery, at age 49 last year, and we went to Disney 4.5 months later, and he did ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Seriously, he felt so good, and compared to the couple years prior to last year's trip, he was in NO pain whatsoever. I even texted a picture of him with our step count (18,477 steps on day 2) to his orthopedic surgeon, who was so thrilled to hear of his success at Disney.
He did all the rides! Pirates of The Caribbean he did take it carefully getting down low into the boats, also Splash Mountain---mainly because of the wet seats and the lower seats...he was careful and deliberate with his movements, but he did it and had no problems.
Have a wonderful time, you'll feel so amazing!
Dawn
Heluvsme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List