Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

In my last job pre kids I used to get 20 days. One year they closed in-between Christmas and New Year to remove an asbestos ceiling so we were told that we had to use holidays for this. Those of us that hadn't enough holidays or were using them to go on holiday post Christmas had to make the time up by working Saturdays and Sundays before Christmas. It meant that I had to work about 19 days straight without a day off. Looking back I am not sure even how legal it was to make us do this. They were a blooming awful company to work for hence part of the reason I did not return after maternity leave.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Every time someone mentions public sector with regard to pay and benefits I get shocked even more at how ' the other half' live

I seriously need to consider getting a job in the public sector as I approach thinking of retirement.

I just get the impression , rightly or wrongly , that people ( as a massive generalisation I know ) don't work as hard even when they are there as private sector people , let alone the perks.
Yes I am jealous and bitter
Yes you are wrong. Try telling a nurse or a teacher or a support worker or many other vital jobs in the public sector they don't work as hard as someone in the private sector and see what they think to that.

Why do you think its OK to insult public sector workers by saying they don't work as hard as private sector workers? Do you even know what majority of the jobs are or are you reading too much into what the daily fail tells you.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

25 days plus 8 bank holidays to give a total of 33 for me. Technically 8 of them are set days which don't coincide with the bank holidays but are when the site is closed (one of the Easter holiday days, Christmas and New year bank holiday plus the time between Christmas and New year). However as we're a corporate back office function and can work from home no bother I don't force my team to take any day they don't want to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I cannot believe how many days some people get
Our place standard is 22 plus bank holidays
It does go up so this year after 15 years service I am now on 26 days and thought I was doing really well
How do people get 9 or 10 bank holidays when there are only 8 ?

Every time someone mentions public sector with regard to pay and benefits I get shocked even more at how ' the other half' live

I seriously need to consider getting a job in the public sector as I approach thinking of retirement.
I just get the impression , rightly or wrongly , that people ( as a massive generalisation I know ) don't work as hard even when they are there as private sector people , let alone the perks.
In my experience working in local council I would totally agree, the loafing about level was off the scale... However I suspect that people working in NHS work pretty hard and long hours - having said that, the behind the scenes administrators in a large hospital I worked in were pretty woeful as well...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I get 32 days in total. Where I work there is no such thing as a bank holiday.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Thank you all, it definitely does seem a bit low.

I have gone back and requested more leave to be added so we'll see what happens.

Hopefully they'll increase it as I would be keen to get the role.

Louise
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I cannot believe how many days some people get
Our place standard is 22 plus bank holidays
It does go up so this year after 15 years service I am now on 26 days and thought I was doing really well
How do people get 9 or 10 bank holidays when there are only 8 ?

In my field I get more holidays in the private sector than I did in the public sector (better pay and conditions privately as well) I’m still expected (and do) work hard but work/life balance is respected and encouraged.
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I get 20 days plus back holidays (which can’t be moved) then I early 1 extra day for every 10 years I work there - so probably sticking with the 20. Where I use to work we got 25 plus bank holidays and we earned one for every full year worked so I was in 30 - quite a bit drop when I moved.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I get 29 plus 8 bank hols, so 37.
When I reach 10 yrs service, it reaches 33 plus the 8... I am currently approaching 7 yrs.

Whilst on annual leave, I get wages plus an average of what my shift enhancements had been over the previous 12 weeks.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:02 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am local authority so I get 20 days plus publics but will rise to 25 after 5 years service. I can also buy up to 6 weeks per year. I currently buy 2.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List