Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile Admiring Art - Another Place

Art, like many things, is a very personal thing, but I have really been affected today by Another Place. Maybe because it’s by the sea (which is very dear to me) and it’s very humanistic but I loved it. Mr Gormley is a very talented man ...a quite enchanting place

SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I love Anthony Gormleys work. DD studied his journey at 6th form. I also love Emil Alzamora and Henry Moore.

Edited at 04:50 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I love Anthony Gormleys work. DD studied his journey at 6th form. I also love Emil Alzamora and Henry Moore.
I’ve always wanted to see them (should have when I was up this way before) but they really resonated today for some reason.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I’ve always wanted to see them (should have when I was up this way before) but they really resonated today for some reason.
I'd love to see them too.
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I took this at his exhibition at the RA last Autumn. I love his work - fortunately Ian McK bought one and has it by his pub in the Thames which I am a regular at

and I saw the one at Margate last year . He even has a display in Palm Springs .

Edited at 05:08 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post

I took this at his exhibition at the RA last Autumn. I love his work - fortunately Ian McK bought one and has it by his pub in the Thames which I am a regular at and I saw the one at Margate last year . He even has a display in Palm Springs .
That looks truly amazing! TY for sharIng it , imagine having one on your wall at home

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Beautifuk, I'd love to go see that, maybe a summer trip. There's a Gormley statue in the crypt of Winchester Cathedral, its half submerged and breathtakingly beautiful.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Beautiful, I'd love to go see that, maybe a summer trip. There's a Gormley statue in the crypt of Winchester Cathedral, its half submerged and breathtakingly beautiful.
I go there for the Christmas market I’ll have a look next time

Edited at 05:10 PM.
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
That looks truly amazing! TY for sharIng it , imagine having one on your wall at home
It was an amazing exhibition- very thought provoking. I went a few times as couldn’t take it all in at one visit.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

More from my visit to his exhibition @ The RA in anyone is interested

And from Palm Springs

Edited at 05:19 PM.