Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Oct 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Definitely not the case from personal experience.
Have you been to the parks recently? What’s it like? I only go by what I see on vlogs/blogs etc. Missing it so much! 🙁
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, I know what park hopping is been to WDW numerous times, but I was not aware that during the current situation you were allowed to leave the park you had booked to visit and re-visit later the same day. Missed the All Ears blog on that one, Im subscribed to it.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
As I said above, that would penalise people who don't drive. I can't drive for health reasons.
I can’t go on certain rides for health reasons, I don’t get a discount on my park tickets!

We all pay as a collective as we all use some things and not others. It does not penalise those that don’t drive it just means the costs are spread across all groups. People who enter with severely disabled children don’t get a discount and they certainly don’t moan. People don’t use disney transport they don’t get a discount because they don’t use it, the list of what we can and or chose not to use for a myriads if reasons is endless. Basically you pay the rates offered and you use what you need if you don’t like it then the answer is simple don’t go.

Park hopping for us as a family is part of our routine we often do a park and then return to the resort and in the evening eat in another park. We won’t be returning for at least five years now by when I hope park hopping has returned.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Thanks, I know what park hopping is been to WDW numerous times, but I was not aware that during the current situation you were allowed to leave the park you had booked to visit and re-visit later the same day. Missed the All Ears blog on that one, Im subscribed to it.
I'm not subscribed to any blogs and still know about it. I've seen it said here several times.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm not subscribed to any blogs and still know about it. I've seen it said here several times.
This is a holiday forum though...you shouldn’t imply someone should of known something when most people use this site to find information. In fairness there’s so much different information going around I didn’t know for sure until I checked again and even then it might not be what’s actually happening 🙂
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Pretty sure with the park daily hours being so short at the min going out and coming back in is pretty much not worthwhile?
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Pretty sure with the park daily hours being so short at the min going out and coming back in is pretty much not worthwhile?
Exactly this!

Plus by the time you have passed through security, health checks and the admission gates you are very unlikely to want to do this at another park a few hours later
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Agree it’s a rip off.

You would have thought during current times at least they’d want to encourage people not to use the public transport and use their cars...
Current times , it’s only Americans visiting and most wouldn’t dream of using public transport anyway !
Staying somewhere like Formosa we found UberLyft was better value anyway when you costed in the car hire charge and park parking even if going out again in the evening to eat.
Added bonus of no trek back to the car at all parks except MK as pick up is at the gates.
We pick a car up towards the end of our stay for things like visiting Mount Dora and then head off to wherever we are going next like Vero. Florida a car is essential, Orlando depending on what you want to do , often isn’t .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t personally think the parking is too bad...

A lot of UK hotels charge around £20per night for parking, and then if you go out in e day you’ve got to pay for the parking there as well. I have to pay £15 per day to park at work when the theatres open and I have to use the car park (very rarely do this now thankfully, but did it for 5 years).

We don’t use a car in Florida, but given the cost of parking here, it wouldn’t put me off if we wanted to. Don’t get me wrong, it would be an annoyance, but if we don’t want to pay it, there’s another option .

We always park hop, but again this isn’t something that would put us off going if it wasn’t reinstated.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I don’t personally think the parking is too bad...

A lot of UK hotels charge around £20per night for parking, and then if you go out in e day you’ve got to pay for the parking there as well. I have to pay £15 per day to park at work when the theatres open and I have to use the car park (very rarely do this now thankfully, but did it for 5 years).

We don’t use a car in Florida, but given the cost of parking here, it wouldn’t put me off if we wanted to. Don’t get me wrong, it would be an annoyance, but if we don’t want to pay it, there’s another option .

We always park hop, but again this isn’t something that would put us off going if it wasn’t reinstated.
I do think the parking charge is a rip off. I don’t think I have ever been charged to park at a U.K. hotel.
I believe it would be more acceptable if they did a parking pass. Your daily entrance fee is cheaper the more days on your park entrance ticket. I can’t see why they don’t do parking tickets which you can buy in advance, cheaper for more days. Even in the U.K. when you park somewhere every day companies will sell weekly season tickets. There’s a big difference in paying to park to go shopping or to the theatre on an occasion than for every day for 2 or 3 weeks.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List