Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile VA, no confirmation email

Do you think we need to ring virgin? We booked our fights the before Christmas but not received a confirmation email (they said on the phone that one would follow).
We have logged on to our account and the flight details & people are there and we looked at the planes seats the seats we have pre booked are showing as booked too.
We was on hold for an hour last time so could do without that really.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If you click on to your Booking you have the option to resend an E Mail to yourself.
Top right hand corner.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
If you click on to your Booking you have the option to resend an E Mail to yourself.
Top right hand corner.
Ah! Didn’t see that (probably because I was on my phone and everything is tiny) thank you 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

I amended a booking on 9th December and just had a confirmation email yesterday! The agent did say it may take a while for confirmation to come through although my online account was updated immediately. I tried the resend email but it didn't work ( I guess because it hadn't been sent in the first place )
Yipykayay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Same here, changed flights last month. No confirmation email and the option to resend the confirmation does not work. The agent also said it may take a few weeks!

Jonathan

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
To be honest the E Mail is a waste of paper. The booking is all you need. When you check in they don't want any paper handed over as they find your booking from your online check in or Passport name hence they swipe your Passport first.

I do carry a print out of the booking but haven't even got it out of the folder for maybe 7+ years

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have a flying club account? Or did you tell them your email over the phone? I used to work for an airline and we would occasionally input the email incorrectly and this would prevent an email being sent out.

Occasionally though there would be an issue when booking and the system wouldn’t generate an email because no actual etickets had been created, although the booking was live on the system.

If you don’t receive your email when you click the resend link then I would give them a call just to make sure everything is correct.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Yes agreed, I think it's just that it's not fully issued yet, you get the seat selector and can view the booking on the virgin website but it's not fully "ticketed".

I'm not expecting any issues but will contact them if I don't get anything in the next month or so.

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It was around the 14th December. It’s definitely online and shows our booking. It’s probably taking longer with Christmas and new year. X x
Old 3 Jan 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
It was around the 14th December. It’s definitely online and shows our booking. It’s probably taking longer with Christmas and new year. X x
New bookings should definitely ticket straight away. Unless processes have changed. I think either the email was wrong or the ticket hasn’t been issued for whatever reason. Just give them a call if you don’t have it in the next couple of weeks. No rush though as you aren’t flying for a while.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List