Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile Sheraton vistana villages and resorts

Hi all looking at staying at one of these resorts end of September hopefully for a week. For those of you who have stayed at either or both which one would you recommend. Think villages is about £200 more for the week we want.
Cheers Mark
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We own a week at Vistana Resort, it is a big resort with 2 sites next to each other. I think your experience would depend on where in the resort that you stay. We love our location as it is between the general store and the super pool. I believe the apartments are slightly different in each area. Spas are bigger with the master en suite totally seperate, the newer ones have the bath in the bedroom.
There are a lot of activities on site and you can get to the WDW parks really quickly although over the years the traffic has go a lot heavier.
We have not stayed at Villages but my parents have, they liked it.
Old 4 Jan 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We have stayed at Vistana Villages about 4yrs ago in a two bedroomed apartment and loved it. Booked again to stay there this October for our big family holiday. I think the Sheraton resort LBV is alot bigger than V.Villages.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at Vistana Villages in a two bedroom apartment and loved it. The location was great and we would definitely stay there again. Friends of ours stayed at Vistana and also recommended it.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed there in 2019 and loved it so much we booked for last year. It never happened due to covid but we have rebooked again for this August. It’s a fantastic complex and we would recommend it.
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

We have booked in at Sheraton vistana villages on I-drive, can someone who's stayed there previously explain how Uber/Lyft works there please? . I booked the hotel, then saw its gated/has barriers etc, how does this work when ordering a taxi? Do we have to call down to security each time to let them in? .

Many thanks in advance xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
We own a week at Vistana Resort, it is a big resort with 2 sites next to each other. I think your experience would depend on where in the resort that you stay. We love our location as it is between the general store and the super pool. I believe the apartments are slightly different in each area. Spas are bigger with the master en suite totally seperate, the newer ones have the bath in the bedroom.
There are a lot of activities on site and you can get to the WDW parks really quickly although over the years the traffic has go a lot heavier.
We have not stayed at Villages but my parents have, they liked it.
Scotty going off track a bit we used to exchange into Vistana resort but in recent years have used other resorts as we thought Vistana dated. Have they upgraded at all in the last 5 years.
Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Scotty going off track a bit we used to exchange into Vistana resort but in recent years have used other resorts as we thought Vistana dated. Have they upgraded at all in the last 5 years.
Brian
We own Spas which was done about 6 or 7 years ago - each area has it's own owners association which is in charge of everything including renovations. I think it will depend on which area you stay in how dated it is.
The think I wish they would really sort is the air con. The master gets the cold air first and the second bedroom last so if it's cool it the master it's warm in the secind and if it's cool in the 2nd its absolutely baltic in the master.
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
We have booked in at Sheraton vistana villages on I-drive, can someone who's stayed there previously explain how Uber/Lyft works there please? . I booked the hotel, then saw its gated/has barriers etc, how does this work when ordering a taxi? Do we have to call down to security each time to let them in? .

Many thanks in advance xx

Security will let them through and then they can pick you up from which ever part of the complex you stay in.
We used Uber a lot and they never had trouble getting to us.
Louise ☺️

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Security will let them through and then they can pick you up from which ever part of the complex you stay in.
We used Uber a lot and they never had trouble getting to us.
Louise ☺️
Oh that's great! Thank you . I was hoping that would be the case and i wouldn't have to leg it to the security guard to ask him for entrance every time i ordered one . Thanks again xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List