Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

I arranged for Lloyds to deliver to my 95 year old mum! She has 8 different drugs per day.They are delivered in a pre packed Dosset Card with the day,time and date for 7 days. The same chap has been coming to mum for many years now,and "Bob" is a delight.Always checks mum is ok when he delivers,and has a quick chat with her.When I first used the service I was very surprised that there was no charge! That changed a couple of months back, and now the delivery charge is £60 per year.Incredible value I think. Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yes.. locally for us and it works perfectly. We’ve also set up remotely for my in-laws so they don’t need to worry either. We get the text to say it’s ready and tell FIL the morning of delivery.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Hubby uses Pharmacy2U, the app on his phone. After running into various problems with the local pharmacies. Luckily he works in the Royal Mail callers office, so no issues over delivery. Although as he has been shielding most of this year and we've had no problems with the actual delivery either
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I work in a local pharmacy and at least twice a day I spend sorting out patient issues with online pharmacies. This can be antibiotics being sent to the online pharmacy instead of a local one. The GPs are often doing this in error by not clicking buttons properly.
Also patients have often signed letters for pharmacy2u as it looks like its an NHS letter and they think they must sign it and often don't realise what they are doing. They then turn up to their normal pharmacy and find their medication is not there. I then spend time trying to sort it out for them. We then get the ones that come to us as their medication hasn't arrived which has been a huge problem over the Christmas and New Year period.
Thats not to say thou that it works for some people.
The pharmacy I work for is a company that still offers a free delivery service but to be fair it is restricted to those that are unable to get to the pharmacy due to being housebound.
We are unable to put medication through letterboxes as it could be got by animals or children. It has to handed to an appropriate adult.
Old 9 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
You can ask the doctor to send to a local pharmacy or give you a code to give to any pharmacy. Just because you are set up to online does not mean you can't use local sometimes.
Unfortunately if patients keep using online pharmacies there will be no local pharmacies left as they will go bust. With no competition the online providers will end up giving an awful service and patients will be waiting days for antibiotics, painkillers etc.
I’m a community pharmacist and I’m concerned at some of the replies here. ‘I don’t want to queue outside the pharmacy”. Community pharmacies have to limit the number of patients entering the pharmacy along with working with reduced staffing levels and increased workload. I never hear of complaints when folk are queuing outside the chippy!
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m happy with my local pharmacy, reminder on my calendar to order our prescriptions online (3 for me, 1 for him), We get 2 months at a time, allow 3 days and nip down to collect mid morning, never had a problem, plus they do deliver if we couldn’t get out...
Don’t have much faith in online pharmacies tbh, much prefer to stay local...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I gave up on Boots after they messed up my very simple order twice. I switched to Pharmacy 2 U and haven't had a problem since. When my medication changed I could change the order myself which I prefer.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have been using Echo and it’s very quick.
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have used online for a while - somehow they get delivered ahead of other post and even though I get multiple prescriptions from steroids for my asthma to Valium, sleeping tablets and antidepressants and others they always get delivered the next day, never been wrong and just get put in through my enter box. Makes my life easier and far more inpatient at the present time, safer. I really believe in this lockdown we all should play our part where we can and have them delivered for me is part of that .

I may go back to pharmacy post pandemic but at the moment I an see no advantage to do that. Amazon delivery toiletries same day often next at worst case and at a fraction of the cost
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

A lot of pharmacys are offering free delivery service using volunteers have you phone them up and asked. Or there may be a charity that could help I work for community action and in our town we are doing shops and prescriptions.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List