Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I couldnt have my cats on my bed at night, the noise they make from licking drives me insane! Im such a light sleeper aswell, id never get any sleep!
Mine are in the kitchen and conservatory at night, I dont trust them on the leather furniture when they're alone!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We have to shut ours out of the bedroom at night otherwise we wouldn’t get any sleep and we both work full time so that’s not an option. We have tried him sleeping in our room and he bites our ears and paws at our faces from 12pm onwards...

We have to just shut him out and let him have free roam of the rest of the house. He does meow at the door between 7:30 and 8:30am though, but generally he will only start when he hears one of our alarms go off! 😂
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
They say there's no snooze button on a hungry cat...
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

My oldest cat is a wire chewer, especially on my bedroom lamp when I'm sleeping. She thinks she has me trained but I'm so used to it that i just scoop her away and go back to sleep. The youngest will nuzzle my face but i usually redirect him to nuzzle my hand so I can carry on sleeping. I have an alarm to get up everyday but that of course is too late for them they are clearly starving. Honestly I just find it easier to give the minimum amount of reaction otherwise it just reinforces their behaviour. I wouldn't change them for anything though, even with the quirks.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

😂 this morning one of ours decided to rearrange the bedside table at 5am.
Everything off. Knocked on to the floor, all my smellies, everything.
They literally run our house. Do what they like, when they like.
One of ours likes to accidentally on purpose shut the door of the bathroom and get locked in. She scratches the door like mad til we go and rescue her and let her out. This is usually repeated 3 times. Now we have to put a towel in the doorway to prevent the door from closing 😂
My favourite is being woken by one of them jumping on our headboard and dropping their ball on to my face so that I will play fetch with them. 🤦
I think OP, the only way is to shut your cat in the kitchen and get a good night’s sleep.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
😂 this morning one of ours decided to rearrange the bedside table at 5am.
Everything off. Knocked on to the floor, all my smellies, everything.
They literally run our house. Do what they like, when they like.
One of ours likes to accidentally on purpose shut the door of the bathroom and get locked in. She scratches the door like mad til we go and rescue her and let her out. This is usually repeated 3 times. Now we have to put a towel in the doorway to prevent the door from closing 😂
My favourite is being woken by one of them jumping on our headboard and dropping their ball on to my face so that I will play fetch with them. 🤦
I think OP, the only way is to shut your cat in the kitchen and get a good night’s sleep.
At least it’s just a ball! I get the whole cat dropping onto my face from the top of the headboard! 😂😂

mine is the same with rearranging the house. In the morning on the weekend we will get up and feed him at about half 7, then we will get back in bed. He will then spend a good hour vocalising and knocking off everything that he can from the drawers and bedside tables, until he finally gives in and goes back to sleep on the bed!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i have one, chunks, that uses my tummy as either a launch pad or a landing pad
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

I know it probably (definitely) wasn’t OP’s intention, but this thread has really cheered me up. So, thank you! Cats are mental but mine are everything to me! ♥️
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i have one, chunks, that uses my tummy as either a launch pad or a landing pad
Chunks is a great name! I enjoyed this thread too, cats certainly are an enigma and I am glad I am not alone in owning crazy cats!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You’re lucky! Mine get me up anytime between 1am and 4am for food! Doesn’t matter how much food I put down at bedtime, they want food. Then they play! No point shutting doors because Simba can open them. We do sometimes end up separating them and I sleep downstairs with two while hubby sleeps upstairs with the other one!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List