Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Unfortunately you can’t do that. You pay for your place and the standard of dance must be kept to a high standard ☹️
I think you'll find like everything that is how it works until the flood-barrier breaks...

All groups say this as it means you are locked into paying and while they have a large membership that works because there will be ways to @take the slack@ if one drops away

In this case as more and more leave you might be surprised just how accomodating they end up being
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

As others have mentioned I think it would be better to leave now, even if she doesn’t like to make that decision, especially as she would be due to leave at 18 anyway.

If she doesn’t like the online lessons then it makes sense, seems a lot of pay out each week to not enjoy it. Also if you won’t miss the £30 a week stick it in a separate bank account you will have a nice little lump sum to start uni with

If she does decide to move away for uni, there could be a chance that she misses dance and won’t be able to do the show and you will have paid out all that money. I am sure there will be dance groups that she can join at uni

Edited at 04:53 PM.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I do agree, it would be better for her to leave now as sad as that will be, but I don’t want to pressure her into a decision however she can’t decide 🙈
One of the big reasons on wanting to go to Liverpool university so that she can continue to go to dance.
My mother is demanding that she continues 🥺
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I do agree, it would be better for her to leave now as sad as that will be, but I don’t want to pressure her into a decision however she can’t decide 🙈
One of the big reasons on wanting to go to Liverpool university so that she can continue to go to dance.
Is your mother offering to pay? If not I can't understand why she thinks she can "demand" anything.
Old 7 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so sorry your daughter is having to go through this! My daughter has also danced since she was around 3 and it was a huge part of her life, dancing four nights a week and more when shows were on. She was devastated when they couldn’t do their end of year show in June. They managed a couple of in person classes around September but then things closed up again and there’s no sign of when they’ll start back. Luckily she is only 12 so hopefully will have a few more years but I really felt for the kids who missed out on their final shows. Having worked backstage since my daughter started I know how much it means to them and how emotional it can be.
I think the advice on here is good though. If your daughter carries on with the zoom classes she could grow to hate it. But if she leaves now and heads off to university in September there could be other dance opportunities there. Sounds like with the timing she would struggle to make rehearsals anyway.
I do hope that everyone gets back to dancing, acting etc soon. It’s heartbreaking to see my so active, sociable daughter spend so much time in her room, but she also hates the zoom classes so we’ve decided to give them a miss. Good luck to your daughter whatever she decides x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I think that you word it to her that she’s taking a break from it until things are up and running again. Realistically, I imagine a lot of parents will be reluctant to pay £900 and the dance company might find themselves short of dancers and be more likely to let them return. If your daughter is as talented as she looks (beautiful photos 💗 ) then I think she will definitely find her way back to it. She might even find an alternative company to dance with.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That’s hard 😰 tell your mother to pay then! Hope you don’t mind me saying but your Mum does seem to interfere a lot.
It’s nice that you are close but this is YOUR family and should be a decision made between you, your husband and your daughter
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

I’d be asking your mother to pay then ..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Why does your mum have so much say in the actions of your family?

If she goes to Liverpool would she still want to continue to dance at her current place? If so then wouldn’t her close friends who’ve recently left have left by then anyway making them leaving early a bit redundant in her decision making process. I can see why zoom isn’t a joy for something like a dance class but it’s also not a forever thing. If her long term plans were UoLiverpool and dancing then she just needs to get over this blip (the same as we all do!)
Old 7 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have had a long hard chat with our daughter, she is so upset bless her. At the end if the day she is only 17 and a very young headed 17 year old, she still sees things through rose coloured glasses. She is still not decided and I have told her to try and forget it for tonight because it’s making her ill (bloods).
Regarding my mum, no, she won’t pay as she doesn’t have the money. My mum is the boss, her way or the high way. My sister and I do not and would not answer back, but thats a whole other thread.
If she ends up at Liverpool there could possibly be a dance club or something. As one door closes another opens but she can’t see that at the moment.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List