Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We want to start trying at the end of this year, I’ll be 29 and DH (he will be DH by then!) 37.

Both of us assumed we would have had them earlier in life, we’re both worried about being too old, mum had me at 23 so I do feel I’ve waited a bit too long.
I think you are good at 29. Not too old. Go for it. 🤞🏼😍

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I had my youngest just before I was 37.

She’s 8 years younger than her big brother. I definitely felt older when I was pregnant the second time, but I feel I am more of a relaxed parent this time round. Whether that’s age, or just because she was my second, I don’t know.

I never anticipated having children so far apart, but it’s actually worked out really well for us.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I think you are good at 29. Not too old. Go for it. 🤞🏼😍

Kat
28.9 years is the average age of first time moms in England atm.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
28.9 years is the average age of first time moms in England atm.
That’s really interesting, thanks! I thought it was younger than that to be honest.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m almost 33 and still waiting 😔 4 years trying...hopefully IVF this year if the clinics stay open through the year. I wanted to be a younger mum but life doesn’t work out that way. I’m terrified of turning 35 and not having babies yet but I’ve hope after reading about older mums on here...thank you 😘

Edited at 12:29 AM.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had my boys at 26 and 31 and then a surprise girl at 38, I didn’t want a third child but love her so much. She’s always been a good kid and we are older than all her friends parents but she says she likes that because we are soft! I was considered a geriatric mum and had to have a special scan to rule out defects. It all worked out Well like life does
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I was 18 and 21 when I had my two sons.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I’m almost 33 and still waiting 😔 4 years trying...hopefully IVF this year if the clinics stay open through the year. I wanted to be a younger mum but life doesn’t work out that way. I’m terrified of turning 35 and not having babies yet but I’ve hope after reading about older mums on here...thank you 😘
Friends of ours are similar, it’s heart breaking to see. They are also hoping for IVF this year, so I’ll keep you in my thoughts and hope you both have things work out for you xxx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum had her first two children, both boys, at the age of 19 and 20. She then went on to have me (with a different dad) at the age of 31.

My dad had his first child at 25, his second at 28 and his last (me) at 35.

My parents have always been separated and I did get some children thinking my dad was my grandad at pickup! Although, most of my class mates did have young parents (this was early 00’s).
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

I had my 4 at 32 36 38 and 42 my eldest is 30 and my youngest is 20

DH was 27 when we had our 1st and 37 4 days before we had our last. I often joke with mine about having a geriatric mother they just laugh and say they don't think of me as old and fortunately I was never mistaken for their grandma or DH their grandad

I don't think there is a right or wrong age to have children as long as you make it work for you and you are loving supportive parents

DH lost his Mam when he was 21 and she was 42 so sadly non of us ever met her. His Dad lived in Spain so the children didn't have him around regularly either and he died about 6 years ago. My Dad died when my eldest was 2 and my Mum died when I was pregnant with my youngest. The 3 elder ones have found but vague memories of her

I hope to be a grandma one day and I hope I am able to be helpful and support my children with their children but none of us know what lies round the corner you never know me and DH may live until were a 100 and still be mobile and independent have all our faculties about us it can happen

It must be lovely for families who are multi generational but I don't think for those of us who are not that it makes a difference it's just what is 'normal' for us
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List