Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I’ve got the pressure king pro, the middle one in the range, and I really like it. I use it for curries, chilli, bolognaise, soups, gammon, steaming veg, rice, rice pudding.

I made tarka dahl in it last night, took 5mins to prep, no soaking of lentils, and left it to it.
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You are definitely not alone, I had never heard of an instant pot until just now! I am going to have to refrain from googling as I have too many gadgets.
I had never heard of it , and probably wouldn’t have even looked at it, if my dad hadn’t asked for one for his Christmas. He is daft about gadgets and I just thought it was another thing he had found and honestly just thought it would be like a slow cooker. I’m so glad we did though. This is the first time we have ever bought something like this.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I have 2..both instant pot brand. Had a 6qt and loved it so much I bought a bigger 8qt. There are a number of FB forums you can join and pinterest has hundreds of recipes. I cook chicken beef pork, usually something like Mongolian Beef, Sesame Chicken etc. i love it.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I had one a few years ago and didn't get along with it. It functioned perfectly fine but I'm not a fan of the steamed/boiled texture that it gives everything. Don't like slow cookers for the same reason. I pretty much only use them for things like chilli or bolognese where the texture isn't as noticeable, both of which I'm perfectly happy to make on the stove top. So it wasn't worth the storage space (it's HUGE) to me.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Nore me.
I thought it strange a thread about instant pot noodles. 😂😂😂😂
Never heard of it either ... i thought it was going to be about instant potatoes!
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Never heard of it either ... i thought it was going to be about instant potatoes!
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I only heard about it on this forum and so needed to buy it
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
slightly serious Dibber

We got a 7-1 Ninja in November use it nearly everyday. We like that you can pressure cook a Chicken etc then Air fry it to finish it off. In a lot less time than the oven. We do a full breakfast aswell.
2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Is it as instant as getting a takeaway delivered with no washing up? No? Ok, I will give it a miss untill it does. 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I have used recipes from Jeffrey Eisner...Pressure Luck. There are loads of you tube videos. Maybe take a look at those to help you decide.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List