Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Advice on villa booking.

So after last June’s and this June’s trips are cancelled we are looking at summer 2022.

We usually stay in a friends villa in Davenport but she is selling up so need to get looking elsewhere.

Looking for advice. Where do people recommend looking? Which area do people recommend staying which is as close as or closer than Davenport was?

Also, obviously won’t have flights booked yet so is there a way you can be flexible by a day or two when booking the villa?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I think the current key is check the refund cancellation policy carefully. It is unlikely your insurance will cover you if you book in the near future so read the agreement very carefully
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

We used to own a villa on Lake Berkley Resort, gated community, only 10 mins drive from Disney, right next to a huge Walmart, we were always flexible with people altering dates according to flights. Have heard Windsor Hills is a great villa resort, very close to Disney, fab community pool with big slides but its pricier. Most villas off the 192 are a good spot x
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I would definitely recommend the Dibb villa section. I have stayed in 2 wonderful villas - one in Windsor Palms and one in Sunset Lakes. Both communities are fantastic and close to Disney. I would definitely talk to the owners re cancellation. We had to cancel last year and luckily the owners allowed us to move our deposit till 2022. I've also stayed in Windsor Hills which we loved. Think we booked through Virgin Holidays for that one...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

I've booked 3 villa through the dibb, never had any problems at all.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
I've booked 3 villa through the dibb, never had any problems at all.
Any recommendations?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Heard good things about Highlands Reserve. Anybody stayed there?
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We love High Grove and have stayed in fabulous Dibb villas there for the past 4 trips (you can read my reviews) and have booked 2 for our next holiday in 2022.
Old 15 Jan 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
We've stayed there a few times

If you have any specific questions about the community I'd be happy to help.

Debra
Old 15 Jan 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
We still own there at the moment we dont rent anymore and we will probably sell soon it's a very quiet place after the hustle and bustle You can walk safely via the side entrance to Berry centre which has bars Publix and eateries Applebees I hop and banks fuel all next door
We love it and if we were younger we have owned 14 years and we just cant leave it empty were 71 and 2 we have loved it there
Best to look at owners on here but some like us are selling Dont reccomend other sites and check the cancellation especially after today
Bill n Barbara
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List