Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 13, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

HELP Please Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Kies

I am totally new to smartphones and tablets so am desperate for help on so many things to do with them !
My husband & I have Samsung phones (different models) and I've just bought him a SGT 2 10.1

I believe I need to download Kies onto my PC in order to update the phones from Gingerbread to Jellybean.
My first question is : if I download Kies will it automatically recognise that they are 3 different devices when they are each plugged in? If it doesn't and everything that gets added to Kies then gets downloaded on to all 3 devices, will I be able to delete what I don't want from my device without it deleting from my husbands devices?
My other question is my husband would like to have music from his iTunes Library on his Tablet. How easy a task is that to do using Kies? I know I first have to make a playlist in iTunes as he has so much music on there before I attempt to drag and drop it into Kies but am worried I may loose some of his music if I get it all wrong. If the drag and drop works does the music go onto his internal SD card that came with the phone or are you offered the choice of adding it to the external SD card (32 GB) that we added for such a purposed.
Hopefully somewhere on the DIBB I know there are expects in such things, please God they read this thread
Thanks for any help
Pat
Old 5 Aug 13, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Bumping again in the hopes someone can help PLEASE
Old 5 Aug 13, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Go in to your setting on the phone and tablet then you should see A update hit this and see if you have the most up to date Operating system
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Yep been their and done that but I am still on Gingerbread and Samsung have told me I need to download Kies and use a USB to log my phone in in order for it to update me
Old 5 Aug 13, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DVC Knights
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I've got the tab one and my family have s3s ( mine , sons and my wifes) . Once Kies is on the computer when you connecta usb device it will show up as a standard name like Gatlaxy tab 2 . When I look at the three different S3s on Kies it keeps them separate but just shows the same name and separates them by the last time they were connected to either kies or the play store . It does not present any problems .

Once you have conneted the tablet and Kies has recognised it . Kies will tell you if there is an update available as a pop up box and then ask if you wish to back the device up first . The answer to this should be yes if the tablet has been working fine . Then t will back up and go through an update procedure . I would suggest making sure the tablet is fully charged first
2022 Boardwalk and 2023 May Saratoga Springs . OKW
2023 Nov AKV Kidani.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
DVC Knights is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread